I am a Watchtower survivor

by Sour Grapes 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANNA MARINA:

You made me laugh with your little tank. And let that elder clean the toilet if he loves it so much.

SOUR GRAPES:

Maybe a couple of times in all the years I was in the JW religion did I help to clean the toilets.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi LongHairGal - it's a great tank. Bit like a complete suit of amor but that much more effective for apparently helpless ones like me. It really took them by surprise when I came at them, with my foot down. One of the highlights was turning up at the elders meeting - I knocked on the door and guess what, they wouldn't come to the door. Eventually, one came out and pretended there was no elders meeting going on. Unfortunately for him, his wife had just told me exactly what was going on, so I told him I knew all the elders were in there.Eventually a couple of elders were willing to come to the door for a few seconds to be personally handed my letter to them. One of those elders was the brother who enjoyed toilet cleaning. I suppose I was there 20 mins max. Had the front door closed in my face 6 times. Finally, as I protested my innocence to this brother, he said, "can we leave it there Anna."

Farqueue - Even if Sour Grapes did get a brush, he might not have been given the right size brush. And complaining about brush size is not theocratic. There have been videos made on such matters.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Farqueue - no I wasn't joking. If Brother Sour Grapehad used a toilet brush approved by the elders, even if it was only 0.5cm long, he would have made Satan sad, however difficult it was for him to clean the toilet.

If you are in any doubt please watch this informative video:

2in Paint Brush Analogy - Debunked

No my little tank is not for sale.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I can tell you why at least one elder remains in. It is because of the mathematics surrounding 1914. Although people can say, "oh Jerusalem didn't fall in 607 BCE." It doesn't dent the WTBS' mathematics. It just means who do you trust for your staring date and scripture interpretation? This bunch of people and their ideas or that bunch of people and their ideas?

Well whatever, WWI started in 1914. So it seems like a good bet for some. In particular this one elder, I am thinking of.

I suspect that other elders are like this too. I tried very hard to get two ex-maths teachers to examine the scriptures to see that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership was... the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership. But nope, they wouldn't open the Bible and read Dan 1:1.

I think one of those ex-maths teachers (an elder, who is a dealer), had carefully examined the scriptures and maths. I say this because he tried to trip me up by saying I could not be certain the 3rd year was the 3rd year because of the question over another king's reign. I think he said Jehoahaz (or Jehoash - can't remember). But whatever he said, I was ready to go through it step-by-step with him but he refused.

The fact he mentioned Jehoahaz (or Jehoash) told me he knew something deep because there is an issue to do with one king that is difficult to iron out. BUT it was irrelevant to the scriptures and maths I was wanting to show him.

My confidence before him put him on the back foot. I only needed to get him to look at 7 scriptures and his mind would do the rest. He knew me well enough to know I wouldn't be that confident if I hadn't done diligent research. I wonder if he was frightened of seeing the arithmetic on which he had established his life fall. So instead of going though the 7 simple scriptures with me, he got out 2 bronze age spears and some old pears and tried to distract me. Told me they were delicious cooked in red wine (the pears not the spears). Apparently they came from the time of Nebuchadnezzar (the spears not the pears).

Say you've got some good ideas for new headship arrangements.

Anyway hope you can use what I've said to draw up a blue-print for your very own tank.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    No point expaining if meaning just gets babbled.
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When I cleaned toilets at the KH I made Jeehoovah happy. If I asked a sister to clean the toilets I made Jeeehoovah sad.😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Brother Sour Grapes, where else can you go to get entertainment like this? Yes these very words were express from the platform at my ex-KH.

The brother was actually asking for donations and said that if you went to a football match, the ticket cost £20 (can't remember the figure he may have said £60). But coming to the Kingdom Hall was free but we should be generous in our donations because, "where else could you go for entertainment like this?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Watchtower Survivor." I like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit