I am a Watchtower survivor

by Sour Grapes 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I really like calling myself a Watchtower survivor. It is not demeaning to other people and is not a negative statement. When a JDub sees that term it may make them think about why I would call myself a survivor. I like the term more than being an Ex-Jdub which doesn't denote anything. Being a survivor denotes that there were problems but I over came them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

An important and effective distinction SG

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I like that term too!

I also like to think that spiritually speaking I drove my little tank all over them. Then I reversed it and went all over them again. And there was absolutely nothing they could do about it except shoot a hole in the rubber dingey they were sitting in.

Now they can clean their own toilets and do their own dusting.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I agree. Especially given the abuse many Watchtower raised kids go through. Kids are less than nothing in the Kingdom Hall, treated as freaks at school. You have no education and have no provision in your old age. Shunned by family and friends and made to feel as if you are a worthless human you end up with zero self worth.

A survivor is absolutely the correct term.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOUR GRAPES:

I guess I could call myself a survivor as well...

If I had listened to the JW religion with all their criticisms of careers and demonizing people who plan for the future - I would not have retired!..This is not something that can be forgotten!

I have no sympathy for anybody who was not in the workforce. Let them go ask their ‘spiritual’ friends for money!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Being a JW kid in school was terrible. Being laughed at, mocked, and picked on for what reason? To make Jehovah happy and not sad? What a load of crap as if we can effect the emotions of the creator. I survived that but not without emotional scars and terrible memories.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Me, too, SG, and for what? Nothing!!

• User99
    User99

If you’re paying attention, you can learn two things from this thread so far. First, you too can be a survivor from the watchtower! Second, don’t cross Anna Marina! 😏

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Anna rocks!!!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Aw - thank you!

Want to know what I also did? I told the elders that I would go on the platform with all the elders everywhere as my audience and talk them through that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership was the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership (etc etc - the stuff that tumbles 1914). They could fill the KH with elders, they could video it and they could live transmit to the GB.

Having done my small explanation with charts (it involves only 7 scriptures!) I would take questions and if anyone found fault, I would stand corrected.

Here's links to some of the stuff I would have shown

http://olam30.co.uk/key/b01_key_chron_chart.php

http://olam30.co.uk/key/home.php

What was I told? "Oh come on it doesn't work like that. You can't teach the brothers." So I said, "ok get someone to speak for me and I'll script it. Or I could wear a hat."

Oh, no, no, not possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit