Which Kingdumb song did you hate the most?

by iiz2cool 37 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

Something that always drove me crazy was all those times they were stuck for a word they added this "er" WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Okay, like Rayzorblade, it's been 20 years since I have sung a Kingdumb Melody song, AT LEAST! What I remember is that if you were "poor" you had to buy the paperbook purple book of Kingdumb Melodies, but if you were more "affluent", you were blessed with the leatherbound copy.

I always thought that they stole the melodies from other "religious" hymns or even Christmas carols. (I used to sing Christmas carols at school, unbeknownst to my mom.) To me, the "house to house, from door to door" song sounded like a song I used to sing as a kid (not around mom, of course):

"if you laugh when a hearse goes by, then you may be the next to die, they wrap you up in a blood sheet and drop you down about 60 feet......."

Yeah, stupid, but what else can you do to entertain yourself in the most boring place in the world?

I have to vote for "Myriads and Myriads of Brothers" as the worst.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Odrade, I agree with you.

"Dark Days are HERE, Man lives in FEAR... dum du du du DUM DUM"

That was one of the most embarrassing song I have ever heard and sung - not to mention how poorly written. There was another one, but I can't remember which one it was. Whenever I sang, I was sure that it wasn't meant to be sung.

• Francois
    Francois

I hated them all equally. If that "music" was turned into food and you had to eat it, you'd spit it out with the first bite.

Frank Tyrrell

• logansrun
    logansrun

Didn't the Songbook win a Granny?

Bradley

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

There is a song that had a section of a verse that said "he beat them off"...I believe he was beating off the enemies of Jehovah. Either way, it sounds like a homosexual innuendo to me.

I personally found it funny to be next to people who absolutely sucked at singing, or the old women who couldnt hit the high notes and screwed the songs up.

Did anyone remember them having the piano players in the congregation? I used to play the piano for them before switching over to the CD's. Since I had a key to the hall (yeah they thought i was a pretty decent person)..I'd go into the Kingdom Hall early before field service and play songs off the radio, such as Metallica.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

" Lord Here I Am, Shoot Me! Shoot Me! "

I'm still laughing, out loud every 2 or 3 minutes....that was good....very good .

My stomach aches.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL@Nosferatu! I hated "We're Jehovah's Witlesses".....for all the obvious reasons.....and also, "Loyal Love", a subject upon which Jdubs were totally ignorant.....

Frannie B (who would love to "gellingly" re-translate a LOT of their tunes)

("the 'light" will be congealed"...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit