HA the good life --Cart witnessing

by wannaexit 22 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

All for show.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Their "volunteer" work is helping to maintain the org's charity status that's all it's achieving, it's certainly not helping anyone but WT.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

yep ! Like em good ol days !

• alanv
    alanv

I really think it is an exercise in making the jdubs enjoy their time in ''service'', rather than gaining lots more converts. They are desperate to hang on to those already in the org. Certainly can see why pioneering is more popular now when all they have to do is sit on a bench in the sunshine.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so much for the life saving message

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Acts 20 shows Paul did the same work!

20You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything printed by Watchtower that would be helpful or harmful to you but have taught you with my literature cart publicly beside Tim Horton and from sidewalk to park bench. 21I have declared to both Jews and Muslims that they must turn to Watchtower in repentance and have faith in our Governing Body.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; If their ministry was so all-important, life-saving, and URGENT, then they'd use every cent they have in the coffers to use every single type of social media to get out the message; billboards, newspapers, magazines, Facebook, Twitter, TV ads, and even have their own satellite channel piping out the "life-saving" Conventions! Hell, if they had a cable/satellite channel, they could pump out every morning worship that WT HQ has all over the globe! I mean, it's supposed to be "spiritual food at the proper time", right? I've asked Pioneers at my door this question. They are stunned, deer-in-the-headlights look. They've never even thought of this. Supposedly the most life-saving, urgent message in all of human history is to be spread over the entire earth, and yet the JW's use the least-effective and antiquated means in which to do so? It's nothing more than an exercise in futility.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Now that we've retired, my (still-in) wife and I travel quite a bit. Whenever we hit a fair size city, I look around for "cart witnesses". I take pictures of the "cart witnesses" and show them to my wife. I always then ask her, "Can you imagine Jesus approving of this sort of public declaration?"

She, and even I, am embarrassed by the lackadaisical attitude of the "cart witnesses". I'm thinking of re-joining the borg if I can get "cart duty". I just don't know if I can consume that much coffee during my "service" time. Do they get to "count their time" when they have to go pee? If so, I'm in! lol

just saying!

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

My wife and I were recently down in Bowling Green. We saw the carts there. They stay in their spot in front of the museum because the public restrooms are there. LOL

Gotta pee.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Don't they realize that god is saying "don't make me throw more people on the tarmac" . They sit in the sun sipping on their drinks and how many will god have to kill while they sit and enjoy the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit