The special talk is now BEFORE the Memorial

by wifibandit 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

From the letter...

In order to generate enthusiasm for the Memorial, the special talk will be presented one
    week before the Memorial, during the week of March 19, 2018.

Could Watchtower be trying to control the number of partakers? I would bet you dollars to donuts the talk includes information on not partaking of the emblems. That has gotten way out of hand and has become an embarrassment to the Organization.

• smiddy
    smiddy

What is the hang up with the GB of JW`s about the word "special" ?

Whats so special about a talk dealing with special when their is nothing special about it ?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Why, they are just so special, my goodness.

... think of it... special talks for special occasions!

(Even if they are the same talks for the same occasions, only special. Same special but different. Sort of.)

Because, you see, the special talk could be given AFTER the special occasion; and now the special talk can be given BEFORE the special occasion!!

Is this not the incredible work of the almighty creator's own hands and mind?

Think of the scope and magnitude of such momentous announcements and arrangements. Incredible, I know!! I mean, who thinks of this brilliance?? All to the almighty's everlasting praise, of course.

Please see Jehovah's very own, special website for more details.

(Except he doesn't use his special, highly exalted name anymore, apparently prefers the initials of his very special followers....)

• St George of England
    St George of England

What about a new special arrangement where the partakers all sit on the platform so everyone can watch them partake. Now that would be special...or not.

May discourage casual partakers though.

George

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Note to speakers:

"The special talk will especially focus on the special point that only especially chosen special ones can partake of the special memorial emblems on the special night of the memorial. Take special note of this special point please. This note is especially important for the especially chosen special speakers who are assigned this special privilege of delivering this special talk."

Your special bothers.

The GB.

• Half banana
    Half banana

If you are swimming far from any shore in a vast and featureless ocean-- and a turd floats by-- that is special!

Doubly special if it has a little JWorg flag planted in it.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Except he doesn't use his special, highly exalted name anymore, apparently prefers the initials of his very special followers...

😂 good one 👍

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

This notice was posted today

Note: Bodies of elders should not take steps to assign a speaker for the special talk until further information is provided by the branch office.—Added 8/16/17

• suavojr
    suavojr

Wifibandit, I bet they will send a public talk in a video format. That will get the message to be the same for everyone and controlling everything they say. Control, control and more control!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Good observation suavojr! This is the speculation I've heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit