The special talk is now BEFORE the Memorial

by wifibandit 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

August 11, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: 2018 Memorial Invitations and Date of Special Talk

FYI:

The 2018 Memorial will be held on Saturday, March 31, 2018.

The 2019 Memorial will be held on Friday, April 19, 2019.

• HappyHappyHappy1914
    HappyHappyHappy1914

This honestly makes sense. The special talk was always a bit deflating because it followed that great "high" that was the memorial. It was tough, at least when I was "in," to see so many people packed into the hall for the memorial and then the numbers plummet back down to normal for the "special" talk.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Gracias wifibandit for this information. So this change is taking place "In order to generate enthusiasm for the Memorial...". Always spinning it positively. That's a bunch of crap. No one was going to the special talk after the memorial as we know. I doubt it'll change the attendance even with this change.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hmm... it's almost as if nobody's really interested in attending the special talk in the first place.

• jp1692
    jp1692

And once again we heard it here long before most elders will even know about it!

WiFi, your source is even better than the leaks at the White House ... LOL!

"We are pleased to share this advance information with you, and we pray Jehovah’s rich blessing upon this special campaign."

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Also a change regarding the the usual "if you have an assembly or CO visit the week of the special talk" ?.....

Congregations that have an assembly or the visit of the circuit overseer the week of March 19 will have the special talk one week earlier.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

It's never special anyway. Once delivered, it goes into the regular rotation of PTs.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I love it when it falls on a Friday or Saturday! Woo-hoo!!!

The time spend carrying on at a nice dinner afterwards is nicer because I don't have to work the next day. Great!!!

DY

• waton
    waton

I know a long time missionary 50+ years that would never take a new recruit to the Memorial as a first org contact. Even Sub Marine Witnesses will be tempted to attend hat talk , even from here, (lacking leaks), to get a scoop of relief from the "good grief" what is this thing about? memorial feeling.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The special talk is now BEFORE the Memorial

The Special (boring) Talk!

Not Like the Regular (boring) Talk.

Image result for This is so exciting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit