What is the most troubling or disturbing biblical passage you ever had to rationalise when a Jw?

by stuckinarut2 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

A man was stoned to death for picking up sticks on the Sabbath. So much of a Loving God.

I bring this up whenever I get into a conversation with any Christian. And would ask them if I was the man who picked the stick and they were the Israelites, would they have stoned me ? Would be fun to watch the Terror look on their faces

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The story of Lot banging his daughters only hours after Jehovah kills his wife.... the fact it’s not even on my list really highlights the depth of depravity in the book.

The thing that shocked me most was Jepthah’s story. Raised in the truth, I somehow missed that story entirely.

When I was 19, the age I got baptised, the section in Judges containing Jephtha’s daughter was the weeks bible reading. I was so disturbed I spoke to an elder, who subsequently he gave me the WT explanation..... but it just didn’t read like that.

It was straight forward the first time I read it, Jephtha’s no name daughter got killed, interpreting the story to mean otherwise is just defending the morally repugnant behaviour from Jehovah... yet again.

Imagine being born a girl to Israelite parents, under the mosaic law, just imagine!...... ok.. now go get therapy.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What about the time when God allowed Satan to cause Job's house to fall in and kill all (10 ?) of his children but then made everything OK by giving him 10 more.

Apparently in his infinite wisdom his solution was for the already aged Mrs. to be pregnant 10 more times so that she'd be too exhausted and or busy to mourn over the loss of her previous family.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

The scripture of a tribe of men having cocks as long as horses. I think as well the woman lusting for the ejaculate. I'm sure that's real isn't it?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    What about the time when God allowed Satan to cause Job's house to fall in and kill all (10 ?) of his children but then made everything OK by giving him 10 more.

From Job’s story, I learned Jehovah values children the same as cattle and possessions.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    From Job’s story, I learned Jehovah values children the same as cattle and possessions.

Jah treats women as possessions too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant posts!

It boggles the mind that people think that the bible is a book of love and a reflection of its author - God.

Well if so, what it tells us about the author is disturbing....

If we as Humans acted in those ways today, we would be severly punished. But it was OK, because God did it.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

@pleasereasearch - Ezekiel chapter 23. The entire chapter is disgusting. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses

Who talks like that?? Definitely written by dirty minded perverts.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

She bears mauling childern

Uzzah killed for a human reflex

Mass slaughter of innocent firstborn children in Egypt

Jacob sleeping with what he thought was a prostitute and that being an OK part of Jesus lineage

Solomon and David and Jacob etc etc having multiple wives and concubines (a euphemism for sex slaves - anyone watched the Handmaids Tale?) and still being considered honourable men

Thats just for starters....

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Oh yes, and slaughtering the family of a young girl under divine orders and then taking her as your sex slave is another good one, after generously giving her a month to mourn her murdered family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit