All shunning soon to end

by poopie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    This is just a first step clapping. It's like the fed one quarter bases point at a time.
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu
    Can you clarify this? These two sentences make absolutely no sense to me. Maybe it's just me, and I am having a bad comprehension day.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You have said this before poopie, I don't see it - yet. That is not to say it's not possible WT can turn on a dime if they have reason to do so, but as far as I can tell shunning still works for them.

I think the clapping after someone has been reinstated could be interpreted as one more step to becoming a happy-clappy singing dancing religion.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    huh. Doesn't make any sense!!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Let me translate for those who don't read gobbledygook.

Poopie is predicting that the Watchtower will soon abandon their shunning policy. As evidence of this prediction s/he is referring to another thread where it is being discussed that the Watchtower have a new policy that it is now okay to clap when someone is reinstated.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5767582086856704/new-light-clap-when-given-reinstatement-ad

The metaphor about "quarter bases" might have something to do with baseball and probably means that poopie thinks the Watchtower organisation intends to gradually reverse their shunning policy incrementally.

But overall the message reminds of the song All Your Base Are Belong To Us

http://youtu.be/8fvTxv46ano

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Oh I see! "The fed one quarter bases point at a time". Does that refer to the Federal Reserve raising interest rates at 0.25% a go? They're still not raising rates in the UK.
  • cofty
    cofty

Shunning will never be revoked.

It's how they control dissent.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's what high-control groups like the Borg use for control

They erroneously use the scripture about not eating with someone who practises vile things. They take the scripture and spin it like a top on smooth floor and they come up with such a ludicrous practise.

The rank and file JWs take it and lap it up as coming from Gods mouth Himself.

All cults have guards. All cults have fences from keeping people from escaping. The shunning policy is no different

The Borg has guards. Figurative guards in that of elders, family etc.

The Borg claims that there are no chains holding people from escaping. Nothing could be further from the Truth!!

Bunch of hypocrites!!!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    cofty : Shunning will never be revoked. It's how they control dissent.

I agree! When I was young (in years, and the org) I was working H2H with an older brother whose experiences reached back to the 1920s. He suggested that programmed meetings and the later development of disfellowshipping were introduced mainly because of arguments over beliefs.

But another perspective - these web-sites are anti-JW, but do not exist primarily because of JW beliefs. That sort of analysis and talk is a by-product of the main problem, which is that we have not been allowed to resign with dignity and with family ties intact.

So what the witnesses see as a major problem, is self-inflicted. Change that practise and these web-sites will nearly all disappear.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Help: on my page on this topic in the advertisement (Amazon,com) it

shows a Paperback "A place calledPeace", the publisher is my niece (Glenda).

I'am curious, how does this work?

Sorry this is off subject but it's weird that her paperback showed up on this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit