Well, my little brother is heading back to the Dark Side...

by Michael3000 40 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

very scary to see how much mind control is at work here, it sounds similar to an email i received from COLLEGEGIRL.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm so sorry that your brother is doing that - to you as far as shunning, and to himself in regards to returning.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Michael,

It must be disappointing for you.

I have one son that's left as a JW. But, the way it seems to me, it kind of works for him, better than most. He's fluent in Spanish and used a lot, he travels frequently and enjoys seeing a large group of friends wherever he goes, he's looked up to a bit more or respected in the Spanish congregations, etc. He seems happy and his lifestyle and preferences work better than it does for most people.

Pat

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat
    Which also brings me to this. I won't be able to converse with you any longer because of your leaving Jehovah and his teachings. But I'll always pray that you will come back to him whole heartedly.
    I've been going back to the hall for the past month now.

I can sympathize with you on this one. But.... A month!?!?!? a month, and already "I won't be able to converse with you any longer"

Oh man, this is not only sad... it is ... well, just what you said.... CREEPY.... it reminds me of the OLD star trek.... "you will be absorbed... you are NOT of the body..."

Very sad though. I hope this thing is crushed soonDon't give up on him Mike! Make him listen to you! Do whatever it takes... there are no rules when dealing with the Society. Resistance is NOT futile!

• LDH
    LDH

Sorry Mike.

Perhaps you should just tell him that you understand that he has the right to make personal decisions, but no matter what--you will always be his brother and your door is always open.

Make it clear that this is not what you NOR he wants, but what the JWs require.

Sorry dude.

Lisa

• Lutece
    Lutece

I'm really sorry to hear about that. My mom went back right before I disassociated myself, but I've been really careful around her and she's been talking to me more and more, so give it time. (((((((((((((Michael)))))))))))))

Anne (formerly known as Pierced Angel)

• Valis
    Valis

Lutece...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pinoy
    pinoy

good for him...

the prodigal son has returned!

• be wise
    be wise

I'm sorry mate!

Maybe with a bit of time he'll get less fanatical again once the 'love bombing' stops and reality sets in. If not you can at least keep your end of the bargain and be open to him. Must be so frustrating though - having that relationship and then things blowing up like this - we're rooting for you... it's so unfair.

Maybe he just got hooked up on the doctrinal stuff and other issues and didn't realise how damaging it is to peoples normal pshycology. Things will calm down, just give it a bit of time, it might eventually make him realise.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    good for him...

the prodigal son has returned!

Resulting in pain, mysery, a broken family, and inner conflict within himself. By their fruits you will know them... Matt 7:16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit