What the Hell !!!!

by WHATSGOINGON 37 Replies latest members private

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's with mixed emotions that I watch these videos.

I was in the foreign field, pre-1975, and our little group of a dozen publishers became circuits. I gave talks in French at our first district convention. It was hard work putting together an entire convention from scratch, with a tiny budget . . .

We were so happy and enthusiastic about the swarm of goodhearted, Bible-oriented island people coming into "Jehovah's Organization." They became family to us otherwise lonely, young and inexperienced single brothers.

This makes me sad, but no so much in a good, bittersweet way. It's a different religion.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just caught up with this. WTF?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I couldn't get much further than the corny 'totally natural and unrehearsed' sketch at the beginning. Cringe.

• bohm
    bohm

What the actual...

There have been less scripted military marches in North Korea. Where on earth will they end up with these videos? Will they go full out 80 cable-evangelic at some point?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Does anyone remember the half hour late night infomertials complete

with studio audiences in the 80s, selling things like spray-on

hair for bald men?

If I was still in, I would be SO so very ashamed,

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Don't know if it works with brothers in other countries but in my country even the most spiritual pioneers can't stand with this.

It's embarrassing like that song about the carts from a broadcast. Can't understand what are they trying to do with the religion, sometimes it sounds so cultish while sometimes trying to adopt this kind of feel-good religion.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

How do you clean "Braaak" [vomit] from your PC keyboard ?

• finallysomepride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit