What the Hell !!!!

by WHATSGOINGON 37 Replies latest members private

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This brings to mind a talk a CO gave in my hall only 5 years ago:

"We're not like other religions who use social media to spread the word of god. Other religions do this - twitter, Facebook, even TV evangelism <audience laughs>. The pope even has an official twitter account <audience laughs again>. Can you imaging brothers? Jesus preaching his message over TV? No! We preach face to face."

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I saw this yesterday on Facebook and laughed my arse off. It is hilarious. For one, they're such hypocrites, but for two, they're so lame. The first couple minutes of setup is so bad. My wife got a kick out of it too. The cult is unrecognizable from just a few years ago.

• kpop
    kpop

Someone please tell me that this is a John Cedars apostate satire comedy skit he was pitching to Saturday Night Live.

I wonder if the ARC and child abuse scandals will be an "inside" topic! hehe

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Skimmed through a few seconds and that is all I could take. So glad it was "unscripted and not rehearsed." lol

When I watch this it reminds me of our plastic family members. The robots. Everything in Jw land is just perfect. So many secrets, I believe.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I couldn't watch but a few minutes of the canned debacle. In those few minutes here are just a couple things I noticed -

1) Referring to each other by first name. Let's go see what Ken is doing...Not Brother So-in-So.

2) What shall we name this show? Let us pray for Jehovah's holy spirit to guide us to the answer...Just kidding! We can figure it out on our own.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So JW has the almost equivalent of Nuns . Celibate, dedicated to the "work" and not to get married.

Yet, Nuns help all other people with their physical, mental, and spiritual needs .

JW single sisters "nuns" peddle literature and try to convert, period. Moving on.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Cringeworthy is right!

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

I just had to watch that first song again, just for a laugh. As soon as the brother starts to play his guitar doing his latin rhythm the sisters start jiggling from side to side like its some amazing piece of music.....its so fake I don't know what to say,he he.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Every laugh from the audience, every clap from the audience, even where the sister interrupted to ask about the kangaroos was so obviously scripted.

Cringe.

I'd be embarrassed if i was still in, i know my uber JW mum is gonna lap this up!

• Half banana
    Half banana

I tried but couldn't bear to watch it. It's entertainment for the brain dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit