Collapse of JW Org - Possibly on the Horizon?

by JWTom 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The WT won’t collapse. It will shrink over time. Money doesn’t matter as long as there are people that actually believe the ideology. As long as there are people invested in it, it will be around.

The only way stuff like this honestly goes away is to slowly convince those in the religion, and those who would become members, that it is untrue.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

If i stopped visiting this site..the watchtower would cease to be...to me. Ive not seen my family still in it for many years..and probably never will.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUES BROTHERS:

Yes, we have seen so many topics about the JW religion collapsing..but yet it’s still here.

I have been Out for about twenty years but I never actually believed it was going to totally collapse. But, I do think their glory days are over.

With all the changes I have heard about in the last two decades: the Zoom meetings, selling off of halls, kicking out bethelites, constantly asking for $, TV exposes about the scandals, I don’t believe it is viewed the same way it was years ago. The diehards may still be there but I suspect most stay for social reasons and it’s really too late to start over. The Sunk Cost theory probably figures into it.

The problem IS many of the diehards are the faithful elderly and sad to say they are passing away. I think in time the religion will just be a small group and a shadow of its former self.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "I don’t believe it is viewed the same way it was years ago..."

Agreed; the paradigm is different, now.

Another consideration is that businesses cannot help but decline when they experience constant economic insecurity.

And I'm sorry, but in what crazy-ass, fucked-up mirror universe are constant legal troubles, steady asset and staff liquidation, and demonstrable reduction of product output (in both quality and quantity) signs of robust financial health?

• Overrated
    Overrated

They will shrink but never collapse. Unless something big happens that really exposes them for who they are. And the money runs out. After all it is all about money, as long as they have money they operate in their business.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And slow, steady decline into obscurity is far more permanent than some crash-and-burn (as admittedly satisfying as that would be).

Organisms that cannot or will not adapt to a changing environment are doomed to extinction, after all; it's a fundamental aspect of natural selection.

And I have a hard time imagining how a secretive, draconian, and demonstrably wrong authoritarian high-control group can truly adapt to the modern, personal-freedom-oriented, information-saturated environment of the 21st Century.

• RickJones
    RickJones

What could happen and this has happened with other certain religious organizations is that once its realized the membership has slid down to a certain point, the top controlling leaders will try to reform the religion to help keep it active.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

The only way I see the Borg ending is if every adherent obeys the Governing Body in 2 things:

1. Those who are single listen to the strong encouragement from the slave to stay single and do all you can in service to Jehovah.
    2. Those who are married and have no children, do not bring children into this wicked system which is soon to lick the dust and do all you can serving Jehovah without kids holding you back.

If everyone obeys, even if it doesn’t make sense from a human standpoint, the Borg will end. All their growth is JW kids being pressured and forced to get baptized. If they listen and obey the GB on points 1 and 2, we will all be blessed with their demise. It could be stated that the only reason the Borg is in existence today is due to PIMOs that don’t listen to their bullshit and get married and have kids.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"They won`t go out with a bang but will go down with a whimper" ....Neville Shute

It`s getting to the stage where they can no longer maintain the belief that the GT / Armageddon is imminent ,eventually even the most faithful loyal one will have to acknowledge that its just not true.

• hybridous
    hybridous

If everyone obeys, even if it doesn’t make sense from a human standpoint, the Borg will end. All their growth is JW kids being pressured and forced to get baptized. If they listen and obey the GB on points 1 and 2, we will all be blessed with their demise. It could be stated that the only reason the Borg is in existence today is due to PIMOs that don’t listen to their bullshit and get married and have kids.

This is a good comment. The course of action the WTORG most admonishes the 'friends' to adhere to...

...is precisely one that gives them NO FUTURE.

This cult either has a death wish, or believes it's own BS (namely, that YHVH is going to intercede to perpetuate it's existence.)

It`s getting to the stage where they can no longer maintain the belief that the GT / Armageddon is imminent ,eventually even the most faithful loyal one will have to acknowledge that its just not true.

You might not be wrong, but I don't think we can overstate just what a tough reckoning this would be for them. The whole paradigm hinges on impending Armageddon. Lots of fear to leverage with that belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit