Capitol Attack Hearings

by shadowclone 42 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    My point: I find what happened on January 6, 2021 at the US Capitol to be highly disturbing. Persons who violated the law should be held accountable while given due process. To mischaracterize or overdramatize what happened is a miscarriage of justice and political maleficence.

The law has to be seen to be fair and applied equitably.

Even if they committed violations, they were minor. And if you have people months earlier committing far more serious crimes - burning buildings down, killing people etc... and they are not even charged then it's clearly an unfair application of the law purely for political reasons.

• MeanMrMustard
  • shadowclone
    shadowclone

Trying to overturn a presidential election is not considered to be a "minor" crime.

Mustard, you're absolutely right and that is why way too much time and money were spent on the JFK assassination. After all, only one person was killed. All the other murders didn't get treated anything like his!

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Watergate was also way overblown.

If trying to steal the last election isn't a crime then Nixon was positively a saint!

• jojojunfan
    jojojunfan

One question for you Shadowclown. Did you watch the entire events of January 6th LIVE from MULTIPLE news outlets including “Alternative” Media?

Yes or No?

Anyone who did not and is supporting the current 1984-like production by Sea-Hag Pelosi and Co. have been thoroughly brainwashed and may deserve to be ruled by corrupt F-tards.

JJ

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Like the alternative "fact" that Trump's inauguration was so much bigger than Obama's? Lol!

Is your rabies vaccination up to date?

Sure I watched it live and from multiple sources since then. You don't seem to understand that you are a twin to someone supporting Lloyd Evans only Trump is far worse. You excuse the inexcusable. You deny the undeniable. You won't believe people who were there. You won't believe members of his own cabinet! You won't even believe what you saw with your own eyes!!! Seems perfectly sane and logical to me . . .

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Watergate was a seminal moment in US politics, and only Ford's decision to pardon Nixon prevented him from being impeached. Nixon was not being charged with treason, or with an attempt at overthrowing an election, since there was not enough evidence that he was aware of what the group that broke into the DNC's campaign HQ was doing. It's difficult to say if Nixon got off easy or not; I don't think he would have served any prison time, and the damage to his reputation may have been worse for having the process cut short by Ford.

Trump, in spite of his rhetoric at the time (and frequent complaints about the election since), will likely not face any charges either. And the desire to get back at him is probably a very distant second to the realization that any action taken against him will set a precedent, and his reputation is pretty much set at this point, for better or worse. There are too few politicians who want to set an example --no matter how badly they'd like to hurt Trump-- that might be used against them in the future.

As for the rioters, 862 of them have been charged, with more being sought:

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1

Only 11 have been charged with seditious conspiracy, and that case is considered challenging:

https://www.businessinsider.com/doj-uphill-battle-prove-sedition-charges-capitol-riot-probe-2022-1

The hope right now is that the spectacle will draw enough attention and garner enough anger to affect the November mid-terms and possibly prevent Republicans from making large gains. But the number of people who have watched the hearings is about the same as generally watch the nightly news. A good level of interest, but not what I expect they were hoping for.

Democrats want to prevent or soften the impact of the mid-term elections, since the GOP will almost certainly hold hearings of their own (and open up their own investigations into 1/6/21) if they get majorities in one or both congressional houses. The only thing that may prevent that show from going on is that there are so many other hearings that they want to hold (and on much more politically useful topics) and only two years before the next Presidential election. They would love for people to spend less time hearing about Donald Trump and more time hearing about Hunter Biden (one of the few people who makes Trump almost seem like a moral person).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@shadowclone - yes, the Capitol mob which trespassed on 6 January was very bad.

But they didn't kill anyone, it was relatively peaceful.

Certainly much more peaceful than the worst of the BLM riots, repeated across many Democrat-run cities.

That you focus on a one-time 'riot' by a bunch of right-wing crazies but keep schtum on the many riots by BLM nutters says everything I need to know about you.

We're all biased, but your bias is so great I want to vomit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’m glad this forum allows free speech. If you can’t share multiple viewpoints then you never know who the idiots are.

DD 🤔

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Trying to overturn a presidential election is not considered to be a "minor" crime.

Agreed. All involved should be held accountable.

An insurrection is an overthrow of the government to start a new and different government. This did not happen nor was it the believe intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit