Witness reaching out to me after 20+ years...

by SouthCentral 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jp1692
    jp1692
    I quit attending meetings seven and a half years ago. Since then I have only been contacted once by an elder; he wanted to have a “shepherding” call. I politely declined, but said I would appreciate if he would set up a meeting to help me reconcile with some JW family with whom I had been alienated by the religion when I was DF’d six years prior to that—I had been reinstated for two years at this point.

He said he couldn’t do that because they weren’t in his congregation. (Both congregations are less than a 10 minute drive from my house.) I replied, “That’s funny, because that’s exactly what the elders in their congregation said to me—they couldn’t help because I’m not in their congregation!”

So much for an “International Brotherhood”!

That was more than five years ago.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Poztate
    Poztate

The June WT being studied at the August 3-30 meetings has two articles encouraging the rounding up of the "strays" and walkaways.The full congregation,not just Elders are encouraged to take part in this. Relatives are told to seek out inactive ones in the family group also.

I am part of the second group. Although I parted company with the WT in 1982 (inactive status) I fully expect some of my extended WT family to irritate me this month also in a futile attempt to "reactivate me" It is annoying but I am sure it won't last for long.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ha Ha ! they won't try with me, because I have loudly made my position known, as one Elder said to me a while ago " You have drawn a line ". I also know that they had been warned long ago not to call on me, because as one "Sister" told me an Elder had told her that I would " destroy her faith" !! How fragile their faith must be, if old Phizzy can destroy it that easily.

The danger with this campaign, as Stan Livedeath pointed out, is that old Phizzy is far from unique, so many of us who have left are well equipped to "Destroy their faith", and even our dear friends who may not feel so well equipped can, with a well chosen word or two, explode their bubble.

So, may this, like previous campaigns, backfire on JW Org, because they have a bloody cheek encouraging the R&F Drone JW's to disturb our peace !

• Overrated
    Overrated

Once in a while I'll get a return to Jeehober tract from my family It just goes into the trash. Not going to waste my life.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe its all part of the cult's strategy. no meetings--no door knocking. getting in contact with us ex's--risking more becoming ex's. selling off halls. merging congs.

one word--downsizing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOUTH CENTRAL:

Yes, there must be a campaign to reach out to people who were formerly JWs. I heard it from two women who are out for years.

The religion has lost probably thousands of members over the last two decades. I was a casualty of the 1995 Generation teaching. This was the final straw. I think many others felt the same. The reaction to this teaching was evident by the loss of so many people in the several years following this.

Others left for other reasons. Maybe bad treatment or seeing the hypocrisy and deciding they had enough..I could be wrong, but I am inclined to think the religion would rather seek out somebody who was disfellowshipped rather than somebody who walked away.

The religion probably figures the person who left voluntarily (like me) saw things they didn’t like and they would be threatened by this..Whereas somebody disfellowshipped they think really wants to belong but they have a ‘weakness’ perhaps.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Anders In their rolodex

Now THATS something I haven’t heard talked about in a good while😉

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

the organization is encouraging everyone to reach out to all friends

because we are so close to the end… What say you?

Yep

As its known the JWS are stupidly brainwashing to think according to how the WTS leaders want them to think and obey their directions.

And that involves making more JWS who too will become their own designated mental subservient slaves.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

They don't bother Mister Snakes anymore. Nope, not DF. INACTIVE since August 2007....QUIET APOSTATE since long before that while still an elder......if they KNEW my true feelings. LOL

However, the local Dubs have been told to steer clear. I hear from a few occasionally, but rare and brief....what do we have to talk about?

"The Old Days" when I was a miserable, single, renting, uneducated regular pioneer elder, MTS graduate with a corncob up his ass...OR..

...the reasonably happy, married (to a good Catholic woman), with a grown son (my wife's son, who I adopted at 16...now 19), and a stepdaughter, homeowner, career-minded, college educated independent thinking MAN?

JWs are afraid of me. They won't be "reaching out" to me anytime soon.

And my 76 year old JW mom loves me unconditionally....

Snakes

PS...and I hope some of them wake the hell up...

• tiki
    tiki

Desperate times....desperate moves

I'm out of their loop...none of them really ever liked me enough to want me back. But I have a lot of friends who are ex-dubs!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit