Witness reaching out to me after 20+ years...

by SouthCentral 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Sounds like the WTS/JWorg. is exploiting the Covid virus problem to draw in more money.

Time is vital brothers and sisters we need to press on with the preaching work to save lives so we ask for your contributions $$$

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sometimes I wonder who of my old JW friends are in, and which are out. I’m not sure if they have even tried to contact me, because I have a different last name than the one I had when I left. Just got back from a 5 day visit to see my mom. She’s the same (sigh).

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

As long as people who in the JWS cult are getting repetitively brainwashed such as Armageddon soon dogma, they will do what the JWS GB leaders say, theological bullshit apostasy in all .

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Thanks for the comments!

Really appreciate this forum where we can share our post-organization experiences.

I too woke up with the generation change in 1995! That really shook up my world. Attended sporadically for many years thereafter…I think it’s been 6 years since I faded. I’ve only attended weddings and a funeral since that time.

The last time we had fires in our area… The elders were insistent that I communicate with them… Which I eventually did by text. Basically told them, if I needed anything I would reach out… Otherwise, don’t bother. This fire season they haven’t reached out at all!

Surprisingly, after I responded to one of the witnesses that recently sent a text… They never responded back! They even asked me quiz questions to ensure that I was the right person…

I have one witness friend that stays in touch… Which is cool! I remained his friend after he cheated on his wife of 25 years. He stayed away from the organization for a while; but now he’s active again. I’m not really a lonely person, but work and home life definitely occupies most of my time. It’s cool when people still seek you out, even though you are not needy!

Sorry if I’m rambling… But again I appreciate the comments!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I think every ex-JWS occasionally bumps into their past JWS associates/friends.

I personally make a way to pleasantly greet the ones I thought were really down to earth good people and avoid the pretentiously fake ones and yes there is lot of those in the JWS religion too.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

OK… I was able to find out what happened. It’s the letter writing… And people are very bored! Someone reached out to my wife and they mentioned that to her.

There is an app that they all use and it’s just like a Google search! Again, thanks for sharing your stories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit