The jw.org billions

by Gorbatchov 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift
    Let's hope that in 2016, the U.K. Charities Commission Enquiry publicly exposes the Org's British "skeletons in the cupboard

The Searcher ...do u think enough skeletons will have the courage to come forward though?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@ The Searcher, nice to hear i'm not the only one on this planet thinking this way.

I remember when I was a teenager, I became suspicious about government - jw.org connections.

For example, when the C.O. told us during his visit in +/- 1990 "Secretary of State, James Baker went of the airplane in an African country with much repression. The first thing he asked the local president was "So, you persecute Jehovah's Witnesses? We urge you to stop this immediately".

When I heard this my reaction was different then the rank and file JW, and considered there was a strong lobby from jw.org to the US government, or there was the option that the C.O. was speaking nonsense.

At this point in my life, I am thinking more and more that jw.org is one of the American organizations used by the American government for the implementation of their global U.S. interest.

Gorby

• kramer
    kramer

"At this point in my life, I am thinking more and more that jw.org is one of the American organizations used by the American government for the implementation of their global U.S. interest."

i think someone needs a new tin-foil hat.

• PorkyFree
    PorkyFree

In response to berrygerry.

it is a little known fact that the vast majority of the proceeds from the sale of the NZ branch ended up going offshore - to Brooklyn.

Under NZ charity law, and donations made in NZ have to be used in NZ.

it seems that when the Society built the Bethel at Manukau, they got agreement from the IRD that proceeds from the sale of the property could be sent overseas, tax free. Sources in the accounting profession tell me that this is virtually unheard of policy by IRD and they have no idea how it was arranged, or who managed to get such a great deal for WT.

bottom line is that only funds donated locally, and ring fenced as such (they would have to have been tax deduction receipted) were retained in NZ.

• stanley theater
    stanley theater

NZ sale

Do you have any details of the sale ? Dates, US$ amount etc

Stanley T

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    These gb are just puppets other have said and written that there we're or are ones behind the curtain. Its also obvious that they the Borg do use a try to move politicians to do things for them. The fact that they we're a member of the UN and OSCE confirms this. But this is a small religion with not a lot of money until now and only to do real estate sales. I don't think they are being controlled by any government.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    @kramer, thanks for the feedback ((:
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg is simply buying time with these huge fire sale selloffs.

Contrary to what I mentioned before about impending lawsuits, I doubt that's really the case. I just think that the Borg is trying to keep up with the times. Big time downsizing of the publications, everything become more and more electronic. Electronic meetings, talks with minimal publications. People being pushed and pushed to buy tablets and such.

Fire sales to reduce expenses, staff to be more in the ''black'' for the years down the road.

• zeb
    zeb
    "Let's hope that in 2016, the U.K. Charities Commission Enquiry publicly exposes the Org's British "skeletons in the cupboard."..as has the Australian Royal Commission into abuse of children.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    If there are guys pulling the GB's strings (probably), they're far more likely to found in the private sector, not the government.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit