Do Jehovah’s Witnesses “Witness” Any More?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

From what I have seen on facebook JWs are witnessing by facebook alot and e-mail to inactive ones. Keep in mind however this is how many fuiundemental Christians witness. I see JW changing to Televangelizing and private witnessing soon. Possible an online religion with some assemblies once or twice a year

• minimus
    minimus

I believe a lot of people stay in the religion because they feel they have so-called friends that they can associate with. If everything is done online I believe witnesses will start looking at other things. I think that the more you’re on the Internet the greater your chance is to leave the religion.

• newleaver1
    newleaver1

I think there will find it hard to go back to preaching when there can. The longer you stop doing something the harder it gets

• minimus
    minimus

You are right. Who wants to get all dressed up get the car warmed up and face rejection first thing in the morning? Perhaps a monster has been created.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOWTHEBIBLEWASCREATED:

I agree with your description of what the JW religion is headed for and turning into right now as we speak: ..an online religion with maybe some assemblies a couple of times a year. Whether these will be at a rented facility or something they own who knows?

Maybe some still-ins are aware of this but I wonder if some are thinking things are going back to the good old-fashioned days?.. I tend to doubt it.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe the watch tower organization thrived on assemblies and conventions and meeting places. Things don’t look good for them.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Only JW I have talked to in real life for many years is a nice older lady working in a cantina. She use to rave about the past conventions, the amazing website and this wonderful app by which you can communicate with foreign people of all languages

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

But yes, JW needs crowds. They see big conventions as evidence of God's blessings

• minimus
    minimus

The more they isolate themselves the more they will be prone to get on that evil Internet and check things out. I see bad things happening for the watch Tower organization.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Growing up in this cult if someone would have said one day JWs will be standing next to a cart playing video games and counting time while the GB has its own TV channel doing a weekly TV show I would have said never going to happen.

Someone said the other day that in 3 years the JW's Religion will cease to exist.

I say; "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit