Hello from Scotland - it has been ages....

by The Scotsman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Well how the devil is everyone?

I have not been here for a long time........totally lost track of what is going on in JW land, apart from the little bits I hear from family members still in. (They say everything is swell and that Armageddon is just round the corner).... :).

Was hearing that Anniesland congregation in Glasgow has been (or is about to be) disbanded. That is one of the oldest congs in the area.
    I have heard of a number of young ones leaving in local congs.

Any chance of a quick summary update on current state of affairs?

Is the WT org going bust?

Did JWs have growth in the latest annual report?

As for me and my wife, we have not been to a meeting for about 8 and a half years. :) and have never looked back.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello there Scotty.

You have only missed that the Governing body are getting weirder and weirder in their bubble of hate.

Is the WT org going bust?

I doubt it. Struggling I think but sadly but probably not going bust.

As for me and my wife, we have not been to a meeting for about 8 and a half years.

But aaassss for meeeeeee, determinnned I shall beeeeeeeeeeeee........7 years for me.

HYN to you and yours.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Ah well, I was hoping for the financial meltdown - but perhaps just willful thinking.

Though I did find the annual report in another thread, quite a few countries with a decline, including the UK.
    Jehovah must be clearing out the chaff before the big Arma.

I have not had a Jdub at the door for years, though I do see the cart things in the city center streets quite regular.
    Now that looks like an easy ministry.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Ah! Memories of Scotland, Cathcart and the Greenlees clan. Making the mistake of arranging field service on new year's morning. I'm surprised we survived that one. I don't think it counts as first footing at 10:00am the morning after new year. So, happy new year, I hope some good single malt was put to good use.

Anyway, I think the clouds are gathering on the child abuse front, the pressure is increasing slowly but inexorably. This results in financial attrition as well as possibly and erosion of loyalty. The diehards are just that but are getting older and dying. There is a generation of the young that I can't understand. They throw themselves into the building projects as if there was no tomorrow. I think they are in it for the social side.

WT feels like the UK economy at the moment, still functioning but for how long?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ SlidinFast - last I heard, (several years ago) one of the Greenlees male offspring had "turned apostate." Encouraging to hear that such a person could leave the cult.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Since they have sold the properties in Brooklin and are closing branches as well as selling the Kingdom Halls I think they are liquidating. Eventually they will be only on-line. Then they will die.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree WT is in meltdown. I wrote a thread about it which Morph is still giving raving reviews.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6278706236489728/watchtower-organisation-all-over-bar-shouting

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6316808367767552/reasons-concluding-that-watchtower-serious-financial-trouble

Anniesland is still listed on JW website. Stevenston and Kilbirnie were apparently combined, but apart from that I don't know of any Scottish closures as a result of the new mergers policy.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The watchtower is making cut backs in lots of different area

in 2012 they sold 20 branches around the world off

they have gone from 24 awakes and watchtowers per year down to 6

they have sold the bethel in new york off and moved out to the country

they are in the process of doing the same in london and moving to chelmsford

they have stopped printing in the uk totally and are depending on germay

the magazines are undated ie they just say issue one etc so they have a longer shelf life and the same magazine lasts for two months and they are making a big fuss about putting all the magazines and books in plastic bags so that even the magazines could last for years

They have started a monthly web broadcast but even with that they are starting to make cuts

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Well how the devil is everyone?

Not sure if I met you, but welcome back.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Glad to meet your acquaintance Scotsman from OZ .JW`s have gone weirdo these past few years .

You wouldn`t recognise the religion you once belonged to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit