Hello from Scotland - it has been ages....

by The Scotsman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I have not had a Jdub at the door for years" this is something I have observed locally, O.K I am down as a Do Not Call, not because I asked to be, but they are shit scared to talk to me LOL, but I work from home, my office overlooks the street, and I have noticed they have gone from four times a year to once a year round here, plus they don't come back and do "Not Home" s like they used to.

The Jdubs are happy to stand by a cart, but converts are not likely with this decline in true efforts.

The Org is without doubt moribund, in decline in all Countries that are likely to Contribute in a significant way, any growth coming from poor areas.

Day to day cash Flow will become a problem, once they have gone through the Tax Free Profits from the big Property deals.

Good to hear from you Scotty, Happy New Year !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not homes? How quaint, do they still do that?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

WOW stop the press. (literally :) )

"they have gone from 24 awakes and watchtowers per year down to 6"

You say what?
    6 issues for a whole year? Jeez that is a huge cut...

"they have stopped printing in the uk totally"

Really? What do they do at UK bethel these days then?

What is the new mergers policy?

Sorry guys - lots of questions :) - seems like a lot of cuts across the board though.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Also - do they still study the Watchtower? If so I take it these articles are online or something now that less copies of the watchtower are printed?

Like I said above I see the cart witnessing nearly every week. Is that any publisher or just pioneers that do that? Either way the folks I see doing it look miserable and bored.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Scotsman - here's the "Master Plan" the org announced 18 months ago.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Interesting stuff. I think the key line is "such adjustments will result in conserving donated funds".
    I suppose it is the same approach as any business - save ££$$ where possible.

Regarding Anniesland congregation - I have discovered that it is merging with Kelvin congregation, which is a reversal of the split they did about 25 years ago.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Slidin fast - "I hope some good single malt was put to good use."

Went with Cardhu 12 year old this year - smashin.
    On the wagon for January.. :)

Cathcart and Mount Florida congs still on the go - sharing the same kingdom hall.
    I remember the Greenlees - thats a blast from the past.

• galaxie
    galaxie

It's always interesting that although this forum operates internationally certain statements bring the focus close to home unexpectedly and rekindle memories... I also remember the greenlees and believe they owned a few footwear stores. Kilbirnie ( actually in Glengarnock) k'hall is now a cafe/bistro and imo serves the community better. Does anyone remember Hay and Henry wholesalers who employed a lot of jws? In Glasgow and Paisley?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Scotsman could you clarify are Anniesland and Kelvin merging congregations or are they selling one KH so two congregations share one KH?

I would be surprised if they merged congregations. I was at Kelvin congregation in the summer and there was 80 or more in attendance.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Slim - let me ask about that. People use words like merge / dsiband etc but not clear on what they mean.

Will come back once I know for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit