Older JWs who go Overseas to Live

by LongHairGal 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What about countries which have high crime rate?

Zilgee ...

The DR (Dominican Republic) has a lot of crime, a lot. As does Trinidad and Tabago.

Of course, Jamaica is extremely dangerous due to the drug trade. The same with St. Kitts and Nevis, considered one of the highest murder rates per capita in the Caribbean, and for that matter the world. Again, gangs and drugs. It's typically not directly aimed at the people in general like in Mexico but there is the danger of innocent people living there or tourists of getting caught in the middle.

Puerto Rico has also become worse since the hurricane a couple of years ago. Not necessarily extreme violent crime, but unfortunately crime none the less.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

CORRECTION:

This may not be a big deal to most but after re-reading my earlier comments about the Caribbean, I mentioned the Bahamas.

The Bahamas are not in the Caribbean. They are in the Atlantic off the coast of Florida.

Not a big deal to most but I just wanted to make that clear.

Rub a Dub

• fulano
    fulano

I spent almost ten years in one of these countries. I don’t like them. Hot, dirty, humid. Few conversations possible because it’s just another world. My place is Algarve, Pirineos (Spanish side) and Tenerife.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I know a fairly young couple (in their 40's) that moved to China. I know they were starting to fade from the wt but never really said so. They get back to California once a year and the 'brother' has confided in me about how easy it is to be a jw in China. Lots of faking. No real field service and just occasional meetings. Once his parents pass away, he'll just walk IMHO.

just saying!

• LV101
    LV101

Puerto Rico has become a crime haven for several yrs now - it is beautiful but very sad for ones who planned to retire there. It's like Guatemala and too many other places natives won't return to even visit. Costa Rica safer but I've not had recent updates re/acquaintances who bought vacay/retirement home there but were enjoying and already flipping for different property last I heard. They had one break-in/invasion but didn't amount to much.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

On what kind of visa China takes need graters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit