KH's Still All Closed- How Bad is WT doing Financially?

by OnTheWayOut 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Just imagine if they announced on Zoom that the 1st week of August all the Kingdom Halls would be open and the first Service Meeting will be held.

Imagine after not having to get dressed for meetings for over a year maybe two after a hard day at work, not having to get the kids ready, the car ready the reading material ready, etc.

Imagine the shock or remembering how boring it was to sit two hrs listening to "We are in the Last Days"

Imagine after the Meeting is over the brother says;

Brothers, we have brother "Elder" that has one announcement before we conclude the meeting.

Brother Elder walks up to the podium and says"

Friends, we will be meeting for field Service this Saturday at 9:00 in the morning.

How will the JWs WORLD - WIDE REACT

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I've been thinking lately that they might not want to reopen because they are afraid of what the scenario might be... It might look bad because fewer JWs might come back and when the ones who do come back see how empty the buildings are and how weak and puny JWdom is looking, some of them might leave and a snowball effect could start.

Very interesting comment Magnum. It will certainly be interesting to see how it goes.

Church of Scotland churches are back. I don’t know if that’s true for all of them, but some of them at least. I heard from one attender that the numbers were higher than they’ve been for years - for the first few weeks - then it began to drop off to lower than prepandemic levels.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Elders sure do know those with money. They came around very often since my Dad was in Oil and cattle. They had no trouble finding the ranch to ask the family for a large donation.

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

Pistol Pete - On Tuesday night I ALMOST thought they were going to announce it...

They said stay until the end for a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT NO ONE WILL WANT TO MISS!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS!!!

....all they said was this is our off week for watching the convention...no convention to watch this week...still exciting though...lol

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    S0ShowdidIgethere

On Tuesday night I ALMOST thought they were going to announce it...

They said stay until the end for a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT NO ONE WILL WANT TO MISS!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXEPiQj0EM

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Kingdom Halls...Still All Closed...How Bad is WT Doing...

WT Corporation is dealing with issues the Woolworth Corp and Montgomery Wards (Monkey Wards) in the U.S. eventually had to face...disinterest and indifference from the general public in their product line.

I don't see the attendance at JW congregation meetings ever improving. Meeting attendance was bad enough pre-covid19.

WT is very much like an old whore still walking the streets...at one time she may have turned heads...but now she/WT is old (over 100 years old), flabby, diseased & wrinkly looking...you almost have to feel sorry for her!

Not to mention...an old slut doesn't bring in the cash she did when young and appealing to those who were taken-in by her allurement!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

No meetings but the other day while driving by the Kingdom Hall I attended for over 25 years, I noticed they are all out tending to the grounds as a group. (no masks)

• Overrated
    Overrated

Jw Gonebad- Your description of Watchtower being an old worn out whore who still walks the streets is very funny and true. Watchtower, " Rode hard and put away wet!"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ PZ

Perhaps they are getting the place ready for sale.

• Listener
    Listener
    Biahi19 hours ago

Smurf girl did a you tube on this topic yesterday. She said that 7 of the 9 Kingdom Halls in her area say “Permanently closed” on the website.

I find it astounding as to the number of ex JWs that believe this lady. She was on six screens podcasts many times with all sorts of strange stories. It includes the claim that she was an automatic writer for the Governing Body when she was little. She also claims that it was herself that was responsible for all the Smurf rumours when she made it appear there was a Smurf running down the eisle at a Kingdom Hall.

If you have another look at her YouTube, someone posted a likely explanation as to why there appears to be 7 KHs in her area that appear to be closed. It has something to do with not supplying information to Google resulting in them listing it as closed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit