KH's Still All Closed- How Bad is WT doing Financially?

by OnTheWayOut 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

In my area, the elders are having problems keeping the lawn mowed. The few younger brothers are either unwilling or their work/school schedule doesn't work out, and the older brothers can't take the sun. There is over an acre to mow, and even with a riding lawn mower and several self-propelled mowers, its hard work. We had brothers in the past get dizzy and have to take a break, or stop mowing because of this. Add in the trees and shrubbery and it's a very big job. We were going to hire a lawn service years ago and the CO shot that down. But all excess monies go to "Mother."

Shortly before I stepped aside as an elder, they were having a problem getting elders to serve on the Kingdom Hall Service Comm. The chairman slot that headed up repairs was a sought after spot, now nobody wants it.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I think they are having high-level meetings analyzing the situation and trying to decide what to do - not because they care about the welfare of JWs, but because they care about what's best for the org.

I've been thinking lately that they might not want to reopen because they are afraid of what the scenario might be... It might look bad because fewer JWs might come back and when the ones who do come back see how empty the buildings are and how weak and puny JWdom is looking, some of them might leave and a snowball effect could start.

I think it would be less damaging for them to just go completely online. It would then be easier to hide their losses in numbers and the decline of the religion in general.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I think it would be less damaging for them to just go completely online. It would then be easier to hide their losses in numbers and the decline of the religion in general.

That's what I would do if I was running the Watchtower and I KNEW THE JIG WAS UP.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think they are having high-level meetings analyzing the situation and trying to decide what to do - not because they care about the welfare of JWs, but because they care about what's best for the org. ~ Magnum

I agree with that thought. Wednesday GB meetings must have some hot and heavy discussions about reopening the doors. But I also think these old delusional men really believe THE END is imminent. In fact, they are praying like never before that that is the case. Only THE END will bail them out of all the problems they are faced with currently. Lawsuit$ and $ettlement$. Doctrinal changes that must be made (because the timeline ran out on the old shit). The exodus of the "best and brightest" (brain drain). And, the damage resulting from the internet.

Yes, Dear Brothers, THE END is near!

• johnamos
    johnamos
    On the one hand ,,, On the other hand … On the 3rd hand

LOL, I couldn't help but think of this when reading that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW8LvUvTZhA

• asp59
    asp59

Some months from now it be 2 years meetings online. Don't think there's a point returning to regular. Most JWs are not gonna be happy returning to KHs (with i don't think they will). If there was a bad vibe in KHs before pandemic, it's gonna be a much worse if they return to regular meetings. They continue online and keep selling kingdom halls. In ways it's been a good move selling headquarters in Manhattan before pandemic. Think they see it as a sign Gods blessing the sell of plans.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I must say the covid circus has really taken its toll on JW org. They probably noticed that you can do with religion without knocking doors. I imagine the elders do special visits on the needy, especially as I recall elderly lonely folks with money

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Joen

I haven't heard of any visits to the elderly with the caveat I know noone with money. The elders seldom really know the flock

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Road to nowhere,

Ok. I admit I was guessing and drawing on my knowledge of how things were 20 years ago. I know some folks who gave significant amounts to the org before leaving this world

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Is Watchtower still managing to fleece the flocks as the sheeple no longer get literature, no longer go to the KH, no longer walk past the donation box?

Here in the UK this is not a problem currently. Literature is coming through, we have our 2021 Day's Text, Workbooks up to the end of October and Study WT's to include the September issue. These are delivered to our homes by Elders and MS's. We submit our orders to the Group Overseer by phone, email, WhatsApp or verbally when he delivers publications.

As regards donations lots of members have a standing order with the congregation and I can assure you this is more than it ever was previously. Those that do not have computing facilities simply hand cash/cheque to an elder who calls each month and pays it into the account.

All funds, from all sources are paid to the Society with the exception of a small amount that the congregation keeps, equivalent to the average of 3 months expenses. In our case this is around £3,000. When this figure is exceeded the surplus is sent to the Society, no resolution is required for this as a blanket resolution was taken months ago for this to be implemented.

The KH does not cost much to maintain, just the gas and electricity standing charges mainly, plus the telephone. The broadband has been suspended for months.

I think the Society is testing the waters. If they don't lose out too much financially then the "For Sale" boards will go up. Most of us older ones can't wait!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit