No more pain sorrow or crying in new system!!!!!!!

by atomant 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lanalonger
    lanalonger

Here’s my take.

We’ll always have emotions, even the ones we term ‘negative.'

However, emotion and suffering are not the same.

You can only suffer by continuing to tell yourself a ‘story’ about how a certain thing should not have happened, how terrible it is, how you’ll never get over it, etc.

No negative mind chatter, no suffering.

I think the saying that encompasses it goes like this, ‘pain is inevitable, misery is optional.'

So we’ll experience the gamut of human feelings, but we’ll have learned to reframe them in emotionally healthy ways, to not ‘attach’ unhealthily and to be able to ‘let go’ when the situation calls for it.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    Lanaonger8 minutes ago

Here’s my take.

So we’ll experience the gamut of human feelings, but we’ll have learned to reframe them in emotionally healthy ways, to not ‘attach’ unhealthily and to be able to ‘let go’ when the situation calls for it.

So Lana honeybun, just like your GB buddies, you have now been inspired sufficiently to explain the Bible to the masses have you bubba? Bible says "No more sorrow" Lana counters "we'll experience the gamut of human feelings" blah, blah, blah.

Wow Lana, you were truly taught by the best. To be narcissistic enough to think that a couple of paragraphs from you can override the meaning of language itself!

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Jehovah is the same today as he was yesterday and will be the same tomorrow." So the scripture goes .

Satan deceived Eve and she seduced Adam to rebel against God , leaving aside Satan told some truths here ,and God did not , Humans received punishment far greater than Satan who was the instigator of this disobedience in the first place .

Humans : What punishment did they endure , Birth pangs for a woman .

Life expectancy to be reduced dramatically.

Hardship in providing for ones livelihood for family

Disease and pestilence to plague mankind from then on , some of these afflictions were so undignified and degrading that it makes you wonder how a God of love could condone such a practice on his subjects.

Satan the Devil : What punishment did he endure .?

Well apparently nothing compared to what humans had /have to endure . he was still able to confront God in a heavenly assembly talking one on one with God thousands of years later in the account of Job ,

He has not had to put up with afflictions , disease ,or anything anywhere near comparable as to what humans have endured these past thousands of years .

So on his past record I would not put my faith in God honoring his future prophecy`s regarding the so called new heavens and New earth..

He obviously favours his spiritual creation over his earthly creation , Satan ? Humans ?

Satan obviously favoured

Humans , not so much

smiddy

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    So do the jehovahs witnesses believe that when our favorite pet dies in the new system we wont feel pain sorrow or cry?.Get real.

That's where you're wrong see. We won't keep animals as pets we'll keep people as pets.

Problem solved.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    No one will ever stub their toe! How wonderful a time!
  • lanalonger
    lanalonger

Sorrow is defined as deep distress, which is a choice we sometimes make when we hold to an emotion which could pass if we allow it. To not feel the passing of a creature we are fond of would be robotic, to suffer over the inevitable would be unnecessary. I simply believe there will be a middle ground. God is described as being able to be saddened, to feel regret, etc. but he doesn't suffer.

If perfection meant 'no emotional range' it would stand to reason God would have none. I believe it will mean 'psychologically healthy.'

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    • lanalonger
      lanalonger6 hours ago

Sorrow is defined as deep distress, which is a choice we sometimes make when we hold to an emotion which could pass if we allow it. To not feel the passing of a creature we are fond of would be robotic, to suffer over the inevitable would be unnecessary. I simply believe there will be a middle ground. God is described as being able to be saddened, to feel regret, etc. but he doesn't suffer.

If perfection meant 'no emotional range' it would stand to reason God would have none. I believe it will mean 'psychologically healthy.'

Lana precious, you are at it again with your WT styley pseudo-reasoning techniques. The Bible clearly states that certain negative emotions will simply not be part of the perfect human experience. In Lana's humble opinion, however, the Bible has insufficient weight without her running commentary. Even if said running commentary contradicts the scripture under discussion. I call you precious because you are truly freakin' priceless!

• atomant
    atomant
    lt seems to me that the bible contradicts itself when one considers that jesus wept at the death of lazarus even though he knew he would resurrect him again.And jesus was perfect in every way.So if this sets a precedence it stands to reason that perfect people in a new system of things would also cry or is my reasoning faulty.And yet the bible clearly says pain and sorrow will be no more.Sorry but lm clearly confused again.
  • lanalonger
    lanalonger

I’ve always understood it to mean ‘excessive’ or unnecessary pain.

You need to know you stubbed your toe so you don’t walk in such a way you pinch your toe off. Some pain is necessary. The pain of illness, cancer, losing loved ones in death, these Jehovah and his chosen King will free us from , and I am quite grateful that he is working out his purpose to do this.

You ever notice how very young children feel pain but don’t suffer? They fall, and might whimper or cry, (sometimes depending on whether anyone is noticing, lol) but then they move on. They don’t tell themselves a story about it or obsess, think anything is wrong with them, they just get up and embrace life. That’s how I believe we will function. (Some writers endorse this as ‘living in the moment’ and I think they are on to something.)

Lazarus suffered and died, and his sisters suffered the pain of bereavement for several days. Jesus felt it. Then he brought him back, and gave us a glimpse of the future. There will be so much reason for joy. What chance will sorrow have? God promises us that he will be once again ‘all in all’ or ‘all things to everyone,’ reunited with humans in the bond we were meant to experience across the realms.

We might barely begin to fathom just what that might encompass, with the limited information we have now. I want to know it, to grow to what God intended us to be in harmony with him and his heavenly creations. That’s what I believe the Bible promises, and it dwarfs any concerns, in my opinion, about how will we cope with losing impermanent things. We’ll learn, that’s kind of the point.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

Thd original question was regarding this:

atomant3 days ago
    "And there will be NO MORE death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever." Rev. 21:3-4.l find this very hard to believe.
    Lana's best effort to defend what is actually impossible to believe is this:
    lanalonger3 hours ago

I’ve always understood it to mean ‘excessive’ or unnecessary pain.

Riddle me this Lana, if it meant that, why is the scripture not saying that? Scripture says "there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or oain" To defend this impossible to believe statement, Lana adds her own take on it to throw some ambiguity into the mix "there will not be excessive death or sorrow or crying or pain"
    So God couldn't inspire Bible writers to catch exactly what he meant? But of course he knew Lanalonger would happen along in 2016 and know precisely what he was on about and enlighten us all.
    Seriously though Lovely Lana, narcissistic much. And you never did reveal whether you are counting your time on here, but I really think you'd be better off peddling your WT trash D2D. The sort of low hanging fruit that could be picked off by your bizarre take on things is not to be found in a place like this where education is encouraged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit