No more pain sorrow or crying in new system!!!!!!!

by atomant 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    Yep life is full of complications and even in a new system of things there would still be complications.Theres no such thing as a perfect world imo.With gods universal sovereign right to rule without question will give him authority to kill anyone in an instant without question.Now thats what l call free will at its very best.Just imagine living life from day to day with a brick tied around your neck.Thats what it would feel like knowing that one tiny slip up and thats it your time is up.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Yes we will walk thru fire ants with six inch nails poking thru our feet on burning tar...still singing kingdom songs......Paradise will be like a mental ward where the nurses (elders) hand out Prozac so no one feels ANYTHING.
  • prologos
    prologos
    that is why when talking to the other near or past 90 year olds, I do not mention the far future, but always stress the satisfactions of the past lives. The pains of the past are already forgotten, but the satisfaction to have life and have had it for ~9 decades makes the pains of late life well worth it. A life lived well is better than illusions about the future. the future will take care of itself. No "ill loose" ions here, apart from the peace and quiet of unconscious death.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I think, if I was forced to live forever on earth with Jehovah's witnesses(r), that'd be enough to reduce me to tears.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this many times before, but IMO, it bears repeating.

If the WTS were given control of a small country tomorrow, I guarantee you that within a decade, free speech and freedom of religion would be nonexistent, any alternative form of sexual expression would be outlawed, creationism would be mandated in schools, disfellowshipped people would be imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Now picture a regime like that encompassing the entire planet.

Indefinitely.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So what about our tear ducts?

If you argue that they were created in case of anything getting in the eyes etc. then where did the link to emotion come? That would have been created in Adam and he would have been capable of crying through sadness. Why?

• steve2
    steve2

As grownups, we wryly smile when children lap up stories that end "happily ever after".

Religious hopes and dreams about a wonderful, "happily-ever-after" world are cut from the very same cloth.

They feed the human need to be consoled.

Trouble is, when religious "happily-ever-afters" enter the house, reasoning and evidence slides out the back door.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...Trouble is, when religious 'happily-ever-afters' enter the house, reasoning and evidence slides out the back door."

"Slides"?

Try "runs screaming and gibbering in existential horror". :smirk:

• Rosemarie
    Rosemarie

A little common sense here will go along way.

First of we really are only given a glimpse of what that new World will be like..that's all.

yet we can work out some things with common sense.

their obviously will be death in that New World/system.

Psalms 65:20

No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days.

Nor and old man who fails to live out his days..(.BUT,,,)

For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy

And a sinner will be cursed even tho he is a hundred years old..

okay so so we get a picture of ...some people dying at about a hundred because they keep sinning and won't abide by Jehovahs laws...yet Jehovah gives them ample time to correct their problem...common!! A hundred years!! Fair enough time I think..

obviously that person would have shown bad traits for some time..all around him would be able to see it..many especially family would be trying to help him/her...

Jehovah forgives in a large way and is very patient ...if he has to get rid of somebody it's because that person is hurting others..he would be pushed to that point of action to protect others .

if it was my Mum Dad, brother , friend....would I grieve.....yes of course..but I also wouldn't want that person around my family hurting them.

some how Jehovah will bring swift comfort to us....

Psalms 65:22

Even before they call out I will answer.

While they are yet speaking I will hear.

personally...I want the animals to live forever..to form bonds with them.....remembering they will live a lot longer than now.....and then lose them.....I don't even like to think about it.

this is where we need to have faith In Jehovah and how he is going to manage things.

we will have a lot of surprises there.....

also we won't be living under the GBs rules....We will be Living under Jesus's rules ...there's a whopping big difference...

Rosmarie

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

If the WTS were given control of a small country tomorrow ...

Science would have to conform to the Bible, death sentence would return, women would be removed from leadership positions, press freedom would disappear, political freedom would disappear, the judicial system would operate behind closed doors, one's status in society would depend on the extent of one's free labour for the leaders, clothing would need approval, entertainment would need official approval ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit