"You will never grow old in this present system of things" -- some campaign tools

by FatFreek 2005 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course this dating scenario (late 1960's) which was intentional lying ( 6000 years of man's existence used 3 times by the WTS ) was to stir up membership and help in the continuing proliferation of the WTS. published works.....and it did.

Somehow I don't think Jehovah would by guiding this pretentious lying or false prophesying ?

Talk about NOT being loyal to Jehovah according to scripture and what was laid out by Jesus himself.

When your a JWS your pressured and lured into being loyal to the Watchtower Corporation and that's not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I agree with all the above comments. I remember the period well. All the rhetoric and propaganda. Pressure from parents and the rest of the jw world caused me to take the plunge in '73 @ 16. Parents still alive and active. Totally deny the 75 fiasco. To quote my dad, "when I read between the lines all I see is blank spaces." I give up talking to them about anything jw anymore. At least they hang out with me and are otherwise great to be around.

Other family members (since the convention) are semi-shunning me since I am "spiritually weak." I bite my tongue for the sake of the grand-kids, nieces and nephews, otherwise I wouldn't care.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The Witchtower Babbel and Trick Sociey repeated the same lie of Satan in the Garden of Eden "You shall not die."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

From a theological viewpoint all Jehovah's Witnesses die a spiritual death for supporting and subserviently obeying the False Prophets or corrupt lying religious Charlatans of the Watchtower Corporation.

......glad I left 30 years ago, my hunch was right

• freddo
    freddo

Not that you need my endorsement FatFreek. But I have just checked my original single copy of that Awake (22nd May 1969 page 15) and read the sentence you have quoted word for word.

It is accurate and spot on.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FATFREEK:

I'm truly sorry for anybody who is suffering now in old age because they listened to the bad advice of this stupid religion and did not get an education or career!

I came in as a young adult a few years after their '75 fiasco. I might mention that the topic was glossed over like it was nothing.

At the time, I remember many older people there saying "it can't be far off". I was even told by somebody that "I got in on everybody's coat tails". I got the impression that she was resentful. I saw a clear distinction about how long-time Witnesses viewed themselves versus newer people who weren't around in the old days.

Well, just about all these older Witnesses are gone now and I am retired. I'm glad I ignored Witness advice regarding my full-time job and held onto it until retirement.

The tragedy is that there is a new generation of JWs who are hearing this same bad advice I heard. Hopefully, they'll let it go in one ear and out the other like I did. They have more hope since they have the Internet and sites like this to tell them what's going on!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Outlaw; "Dementia", a funny thing about we never proclaimed that message, worldly

people remember it well. Over the years I have been told by a number of folks who were never

a JW, what happen to 1975. Try telling them we never scared the Sh--t out of folks at the doors

your time is short and we got it from a very reliable source, GB= Jehovah...

Wouldn't it be funny to take a census just to see the people around in 1970's non-JW and what

was the message JW proclaimed at their doors, Matt:24;14. Yes we had covered the earth

with our message.LOL

• Half banana
    Half banana

Fat freek, you are highlighting the statement which utterly condemns the JW organisation’s predictions as completely useless and never to be trusted. Never have the JW org or Watchtower or Jehovah’s Witnesses or even CT Russell got anything right! It is a total waste of time to ever believe anything they say. Anything!

The almost criminal aspect is that the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses must know full well they are useless... but keep on telling their flock to listen to them, the reason being that the governing body are the only beneficiaries of this dire cult!

They have WASTED THE LIVES OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE...............What hurt! what deprivation! What deception! They have duped them into spending their time, money and effort in the useless preaching of their interpretation of the Bible. They have happily culled the capital wealth of their members families. They are money grubbing sociopaths. They should be convicted of deception and abuse.

Religious cults need regulating and limiting with financial penalties for their misdeeds by government intervention.

Thank you Fat freek for reminding us of this.......... Are you listening GB?

• Chook
    Chook

The Internet will bring this whole circus undone.Anyone who does due diligence will realise that Jw dogma would be considered an "unreliable witness " in court of law

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

It was a different era, so that doom-and-gloom message could be believed more easily than today. Even though I was an unwilling JW (mother converted when I was 9), I still remember the feeling of foreboding, excitement and near-hysteria at the KH and couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. "What if they're right?" I remember asking myself. I was 14 in 1975. When it didn't happen, it was the beginning of the end for me because it confirmed for me that it was all BS, despite my mother's insistence it was not. I got out as soon as I could, when I was 20.

Still, the whole "the end is near" thing impacted me negatively. My mother dictated my education direction. Even though I was quite academically inclined, she insisted I choose high school subjects that weren't too academically vigorous, that left office admin jobs as my only option. Absolutely no university for me because "it was just around the corner". I managed fairly well, despite that but I could have done better with that degree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit