"You will never grow old in this present system of things" -- some campaign tools

by FatFreek 2005 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I am approaching 76 years old. I can clearly recall that AWAKE! statement and similar during the pre-1975 hype -- "staying alive in '75", et al. I can remember being angry for the first time with Watchtower literature since my 1956 baptism, suspecting that they were running ahead of what the Bible was directly telling us. It took me another 12 years, however, before other Watchtower blunders finally brought me to my senses.

I mean no disrespect in the illustrations toward those in menial, yet honorable occupations. I cry inwardly for those who bought in to that influence, giving themselves permission to take the easy way out as to advanced education. Yes, furthering one's education is a difficult task, even impossible to some. But, to those with the passion and resources to pursue some exciting career, it's a tragedy when one neglects that opportunity.

The following links of those images my be useful in your email correspondence.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GsPuI-ZdwOZ3dOa3UxTU8wckE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GsPuI-ZdwORm1ZR2FWd2FNbXM/view?usp=sharing

Len Miller

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes, new ones today will say the WT never said those things. We ran ahead proclaiming

the end is near. I wonder what gave us that idea.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I remember, thought that it could well happen. I was 22, and knew I was not going to survive... So went a little wild. I wasn't baptized and decided to find out what worldly meant. I was already "out". Living away from family and traveled (not to assemblies) to Europe. I loved freedom. Never looked back. What a surprise when nobody died in 1975.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I cry inwardly for those who bought in to that influence, giving themselves permission to take the easy way out as to advanced education.

I didn't find being a regular pioneer an easy way out

My children went to university and one has a phd and recieved an award for it being the best in the university. I know what they did and I know what I did.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

new light new light makes it right

whenever things get really tight

call it out renew the fight

new light still puts the end in sight

• steve2
    steve2

When you're raised in the organization and scared by all you see happening in the world and told you will not grow old in this system of things, it all sounds so very believable. Yet, decades later, here I am, growing old in this system of things and those "young ones" who were older than me in 1969 are well into retirement or dead.

Recalls the serpent's words to Eve, "You will surely not die" and Rutherford's words uttered more than 90 years ago, "Millions now living will never die."

Where religious conviction is concerned, brain power necessarily runs on empty.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Recalls the serpent's words to Eve, "You will surely not die" and Rutherford's words uttered more than 90 years ago, "Millions now living will never die."

WTS, you are from your Father, the Devil.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

My grandmother thought she would not die and she did. My mother thought she would not die and she did. I thought I would not die and I know I will. In the late 1960's I was accepted into a class for a medical field and the elders talked me out of it since those services would not be needed in Paradise which was just a few short years away. For many years I struggled to take care of my family since I did not have college education and worked two jobs most of my life.

At the meeting today the WT conductor talked about how the youth should not pursue a college education because the end is so near, the same thing I was told 48 years ago.

• steve2
    steve2

My grandmother thought she would not die and she did. My mother thought she would not die and she did. I thought I would not die and I know I will.

Same for me - except I'd add JW paternal as well as maternal grandparents and JW father as well as mother - all now deceased.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes, new ones today will say the WT never said those things. We ran ahead proclaiming

the end is near. I wonder what gave us that idea.....James Mixon

Even Older JWs who were there,say the same thing..

They don`t remember what they spent Years of Their Lives doing..

JWs will Accept Anything from the WBT$..

Including Re-Writing the History of Their Lives..

....................................................................................

Image result for Watchtower logo

Image result for Dementia

Image result for Dementia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit