Elders now ORDERED by the Org to fleece the sheep

by The Searcher 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org is now demanding money from the Witnesses, via the latest letter sent to elders regarding the Circuit's excess funds.

The G.B. succeeded in getting elders everywhere to hand over their own congregation's "excess funds" - now their Circuit's bank balances are going to be plundered.

The spineless and subservient elders will cooperate without a whimper, because they're afraid of losing their little bit of power which the Org has bestowed upon them. (John 11:48)

Look at the blatant wording which Brooklyn is now using - it isn't making requests of the elders to give cash, it's ordering them to do so!

Referring to K.H. Bank Balances:

"As excess funds accumulate, the elders have been encouraged to recommend to the congregations that such funds be sent to the branch office as a donation."

Referring to Circuit's Bank Balances:

"If the total circuit funds at the end of the assembly exceed the target balance, the excess should be donated to the worldwide work..........In view of the foregoing, a standing resolution should be presented at the next circuit business meeting. The resolution should state that at the conclusion of each assembly, funds in excess of the target balance will be donated to the worldwide work."

J.W. elders should feel sick to their stomachs after this, because they cannot now deny their complicity in this scam!

Thanks to ATLANTIS for putting this up!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5095556699389952/2015-november-19-boe-circuit-account-balances

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    And none of them will even blink an eye or think anything is wrong with that.....
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Yup, not one of them will disobey. Listen, obey and be blessed is the motto.
  • stillin
    stillin

Doesn't this simply fit the first-century model? That there be an equalizing out of the wealth? I mean, really, isn't the ploy that wealthy congregation be helping their less fortunate fellow-believers? What's actually wrong with that?

As with most every charitable contribution, though, your given dollar goes much further if it is directly given to the needy one, rather than funneled through a top-heavy organization.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

So, is this to be read publicly? , or is it that the elders all agree privately to send excess funds in?

is there to be any vote on it? [sorry, I cant read the letter, Im not downloading any program on my computer to read it which his what was asked of me when i clicked on the link]

At what point will the congregations become aware of this? will there be a round about way of slipping the info in the local announcements so that the audience doesn't really 'hear' what is being said? maybe just hanging the cryptic letter it on the info board?

If its to be disclosed to the public , will the elders can choose how to 'break the news' by way of a clever one sentence gloss over? how creative can they be?

'and so that leaves us with $ 23.80, in excess for our monthly expenses for the month of December.. 'we have $300.00. funds on hand in our repair savings,and that we will be sending those on to the society as they requested'...[leaving us with a zero balance]

now, lets all listen to Brother Walkedallover as he shares with us ,

'How to be content with the things we have' ....

what meeting I wonder will that news be made known?

wish I could be a fly on the podium so I can see all the expressions of irritation and confusion .

• tiki
    tiki
    And do they...that is the recipients....of all the $$$ ever report to their financial backers exactly how those funds were utilized???? Fiduciary responsibility and financial transparency....mainstays of standard accounting principles.....
  • never a jw
    never a jw

"should donate...". In the sentence, "donate" lost its meaning of a voluntary action and got replaced by a duty, an obligation.

The resolution should state that at the conclusion of each assembly, funds in excess of the target balance will be donated to the worldwide work."

In the context "resolution" indicates that a proposal is submitted to a vote, but immediately, when you add "should" and "will be", it loses its correct meaning and becomes an order from outside of the committee. What's the point of forming committees and casting votes. These guys are shamelessly out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four

• Magnum
    Magnum

stillin: Doesn't this simply fit the first-century model? That there be an equalizing out of the wealth? I mean, really, isn't the ploy that wealthy congregation be helping their less fortunate fellow-believers? What's actually wrong with that?

Fair question. The problem is that the org is not helping any "less fortunate" ones; it's building its own big shot headquarters and trying to ensure its own survival. Money flows one way in JW land - straight to the top. The org doesn't provide food, clothing, medicine, anything. It doesn't even provide Kingdom Halls; locals pay for them, and the org claims them.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    sowhatnow - this letter is not for congregations' ears - only for elders to swallow.
  • Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The strange things about this letter are that it is not addressed to elders but to assembly overseers and that (if my recent ca was anything to go by) it is to be read out to the audience during the financial statement at the assembly. Anyone else been recently and managed to stay awake through the financial statement?

SF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit