Can you prove that our entire universe and existence is not a computer simulation?

by EndofMysteries 59 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2622616/Virtual-world-tops-cosmic-charts-scale-rigor.html

Scientists have created the most detailed computer simulation of the history of the universe.

This new virtual cosmos, designed by U.S., German and British researchers, comes complete with twisting galaxies, exploding gas clouds and mysterious black holes.

Called Illustris, the numerical-based model covers the 13 billion-year evolution of the universe beginning just 12 million years after the Big Bang.

Scroll down for video...

Scientists have created the most detailed computer simulation of the history of the universe.. Pictured is the cosmic web from 1 to 4 billion years after the Big Bang

The simulation, which accurately depicts the distribution and composition of various types of galaxies, was developed by a team led by astrophysicist Mark Vogelsberger of Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

It covers cosmic evolution in a cube with a side length 350 million light-years with unprecedented resolution.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2622616/Virtual-world-tops-cosmic-charts-scale-rigor.html#ixzz4Iy3odj4S
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm thinking a couple hundred Qubits of processing power might thru the superposition which is able to be in many states by superposition should have the enormous effect on process time and abilities hard to imagine.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    While that is not true as far as I can see, we could well have a computer program running in our brains that is like RAM in a computer and that this is our soul. Atheist hate this idea because computer souls would need programmer to set the code. And if this is true then we are forming new souls as we compute, and perhaps one day our computers will say hello to us, and ask where did I come from. Somebody tell Tyson that he is proving God, in his own image.

First of all, brains don't work like RAM. There could be a god. There could be a million gods. Why do you think that idea bothers me? If you show me evidence for it, we should investigate it. Same thing with a simulation. It could be true, but there is nothing to suggest it's true at all.

What is a soul anyway? Computing? That's just a metaphor. Unless you can tell me what a "soul" is, then you're not saying anything meaningful about them.

• A Ha
    A Ha
    we could actually be a computer simulation speculating if we are a computer simulation. While that is not true as far as I can see, we could well have a computer program running in our brains that is like RAM in a computer and that this is our soul. Atheist hate this idea because computer souls would need programmer to set the code. And if this is true then we are forming new souls as we compute, and perhaps one day our computers will say hello to us, and ask where did I come from. Somebody tell Tyson that he is proving God, in his own image.

No, atheists hate this idea because there is no reason we should think it's true, yet once one person utters any silly old idea, other theists jump on it because it's a life raft for their vacuous beliefs, then they perform the typical theistic miracle of transmutation where possible magically becomes probable, as you've done here

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I think you watch too much TV. Scientists says that the artificial gravity on 'spaceships' on Star Trek and Star Wars etc is practically impossible so good luck with this theory!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, if this simulation idea is true then someone should upgrade the thing because there's some serious bugs happening. Someone's code might crash...

• Heaven
    Heaven

.... type-etty type type... SHUTDOWN ....

Nope. Still here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit