Can you prove that our entire universe and existence is not a computer simulation?

by EndofMysteries 59 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
  • Village Idiot
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Corollary question that's just as valid... Can you prove our universe is not just a molecule swirling in a unicorn toot?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Corollary question that's just as valid... Can you prove our universe is not just a molecule swirling in a unicorn toot?

Or a brain cell?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Exactly. "Just as valid" means, in this case, "exactly as pointless and useless".

Also, that's not a picture of the universe.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Can I prove it? Yeah, every time I have a bad day, I can be found in my living room screaming, "Computer, end program!" Nothing ever happens.

BTW, in STAR TREK GENERATIONS, why didn't Kirk and Picard stay in the Paradise nexus? And two, what if they never left? How do they know they actually saved the planet? And the sun? On earth, it takes eight minutes for the light of our sun to reach the earth. So even if you knocked out the sun, we wouldn't know it for eight minutes. It would have to be at least the same on the planet, yet when the bad guy shot the sun, it darkened immediately. Ruined the entire movie.

Computer, end program!

C:/endproram

• Heaven
    Heaven

HX

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

This is a very interesting and highly debated subject among scientists.

Here's a story that touched on this subject:

Is the Universe a Virtual Simulation?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

And yes, scientists have been able to replicate a realistic virtual universe:

Virtual Reality Universe

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Say what you want to say and be critical of this hypothesis that EndofMysteries has stated with his OP. However, you can't ignore people like Nick Bostrom, Neil Degrasse, and James Gates Jr. when they speak. And last time I checked, these scientists, scholars, and doctors are significantly smarter in this area than anyone posting on this thread or on this forum for that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit