From the FAQ as captured on the website with this question (How many Jehovah's Witnesses are there worldwide?) led to this question of MINE who do the ORGANIZATION sees as a Jehovah's witness? The ORGANIZATION answers:
1. We count as Jehovah’s Witnesses only those who are actively preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom each month(baptized publisher or unbaptized publisher)
2. Do you count THOSE ASSOCIATED with your ORGANIZATION who do not preach?
Although we do not include such ones in the number of Witnesses, we welcome them in our congregations.
3. By contrast, we count as Jehovah’s Witnesses only those who preach to others and who report that activity, not those who merely identify themselves as Witnesses.
What EMERGES from the three points above?
Someone that is not reporting but a baptized member and not dead. Is that person a Jehovah's witness or NOT?
Since the ORGANIZATION say they count only does actively preaching as Jehovah's WITNESSES, then someone that fades away is not a Jehovah's Witness despite being a BAPTIZED PUBLISHER and his baptism identify him as ONE.
This lead into the second baptismal question
Second baptismal question.
Do you understand that your BAPTISM identifies you as one of JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES in ASSOCIATION WITH Jehovah’s organization?
Look at the second question in that FAQ article again below....
Do you COUNT those ASSOCIATED with your organization who do not preach?
The answer according to the organization is......Although We DO NOT INCLUDE SUCH ONES in the NUMBER of WITNESSES,
Do you see the usage of the word ASSOCIATED? An invitee who attends the MEMORIAL GATHERING is not a Jehovah's Witness same as a baptized publisher who do not report his activity too is not a Jehovah's Witness
but from the second baptismal question, the following can be said....
as a result of baptism many come into ASSOCIATION with the ORGANIZATION and are SEEN as now as a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS by all.
So, what is this all about?
1. It means despite baptism and recognizing your baptism IDENTIFIES you as a JW. You will not be counted as a JW when you fail to report and should you do so consistently the status remains the same.
2. From the first point on that FAQ aricle, they count unbaptized publishers who actively preach as JEHOVAH'S WITNESS without baptism. In essence the second baptismal question and baptism does not count or made less important in such case.
Who then really is a Jehovah's witness looking at the way they play with words relating to...... Who they see and count as Jehovah's witness and who they don't see and count as Jehovah's WITNESSES
So when RETURNING to JEHOVAH as this week watchtower study article is based. Those willing to do so should be ready to RESUME their WORK as SALES MARKETER. It seems that's the ONLY BASIS for RETURNING since an unbaptized publisher is equally a Jehovah's Witness like you without baptism doing well in the SALES MARKETING business.