How Many of Jehovah’s Witnesses Are There Worldwide? FAQ Are You A Jehovah's Witness in REALITY

by Longlivetherenegades 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ alanv.........As with anything JW related, you cant look deep into the subject

Fastest way to see the veil behind the curtain called JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION is to go beyond the surface

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to research, there are an estimated 15-20 million Jehovah's Witnesses in the world, those that declare themselves to be JW in surveys and other methods of counting.

Obviously those aren't "active" which is the way the borg is counting, thus they have a peak rate and an average rate that is wildly divergent.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The more you dig in WT you soon come to the fact that nothing they teach makes any sense. It is a waste of time and they just want money control over your life. But once you see it for what it is.... it's a joke! Jeehoker is not even real. All made up.

• joe134cd
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Do Jehovah's Witnesses force people into baptism?

Anon writes:

Of course not. That would be barbaric. They would prefer to instill fear in and belittle those who don’t get baptized.

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower1983 Feb 15 p.12

In order to identify with the “one organization”, which they do proudly announce is themselves, you must be baptized. Not being baptized and attending meetings does nothing for you when the Great Tribulation comes.

If you are not baptized, then you are not a Jehovahs Witness. According to them, if you are not a Jehovahs Witness you are one of the “wicked ones” god will destroy. How charming.

So no, the Jehovahs Witnesses do not force you to get baptized. They will just smile to your face and think you better do it before Armageddon or you are dead meat. They will preach to a congregation mixed with baptized and unbaptized children who have been given no choice regarding attendance that the unbaptized are wicked and will be punished.

But that’s not forcing anyone. That’s just showing love right?

Join us. Or die. That’s what they are really saying and wholeheartedly believe. It’s an oversimplification of their narrative and they will lash out at me for saying it but it’s true, they really believe if you don’t join them, you will die, and they will live perfect lives for trillions upon trillions of years petting lions and befriending hippos and rattlesnakes.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

A related question to the OP is:

Who can be disfellowshipped?

One must be a member to be disfellowshipped.

How do they identify a member?

Only if a person is baptized, not whether or not the person is an active publisher.

But they define a JW as someone who reports preaching time, regardless of whether or not the person is baptized. The reasoning seems contradictory to me.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Great post, Vanderhoven and Anon! 👍🏻👍🏻

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    dropoffyourkeylee

One must be a member to be disfellowshipped.

ut they define a JW as someone who reports preaching time, regardless of whether or not the person is baptized

Confused ?

who isn`t.

Then again they probably have a third option which I`ve missed.

• Biahi
    Biahi

So…I guess I was a member since age six, since that’s when I was forced to ‘preach’ and turn in time. And, I never wanted to do it! What a stupid system. I guess that’s why my cousin got disfellowshipped at 15, and was never baptized. Cuz they just felt like it. Poor kid ran away from an abusive home, and they disfellowshipped her for it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

d/f but never baptised--?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit