What's The Point?

by AllTimeJeff 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Menrov, that is exactly why I had to move on from the first marriage. The JW infection was too deep and ingrained. I would have had to commit a good chunk of my life to trying to wake her up, and I needed every last spare gallon of gas I had to spare to spend on my recovery.

Blondie, fading is it's own thing. I didn't get it when I first left, but I do now. JW's sniff out inactivity very well, since their noses are so high in the air, but it never helps the feeling it puts in you.

Phizzy, I am happy for you. I hope everyone is able to experience healing on some level, as soon as possible. We all deserve to be happy, and to know ourselves. (and to know that our first name isn't "brother" or "sister" lol)

• bsmart
    bsmart

Jeff, I am bumping this thread... every post you made seems to make me think a little differently. We have more time to peruse the web right now, and when I found this post I figured self therapy is why I come here so often. Thank you for that thoughtful input.

• skin
    skin

I dont think Jeff has been on this site for some time, hope he is OK?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi there. I check in every now and again. Was surprised to see an old post bumped up. But yes I’m doing fine everyone. :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    We all deserve to be happy...(and to know that our first name isn't "brother" or "sister" lol)

This comment brought back a memory from a year ago of an overly zealous fella in my congregation. I went to greet him one day and called him by his first name. His reply to me was:

"Call me 'Brother So n So'...brother"!

To this day when I cross paths with this knucklehead I ignore his wishes & proceed to address him by his 1st name!🤣🤣🤣

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

@jwgonebad

Here’s a (very) long blog I wrote about our name some time ago. Wish I had an editor for some of these 😂

Remember Our Name

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AllTimeJeff - "...JWs sniff out inactivity very well, since their noses are so high in the air..."

That is - hands down, without a doubt - my new favorite quote.

I can't believe I missed it the first time 'round.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Slightly rounding, I was fully "in" for 20 years and fully "out" for the last 13 years.
    In the last 11 or even 12 years, I could not imagine going back to a similar lifestyle of busy busy busy for some bullshit. I have a wife, a mother, and an entire in-law family still in that religion. So I don't feel I will ever 100% get away from it. But aside from a couple of weddings and funerals, I have stayed away from it.

Mental health was extremely important to me. I had such a boatload of unresolved issues that caused me to enlist as a JW to begin with. I had to address them. Bonnie Zieman's books had not existed yet. They would have helped tremendously.

https://www.amazon.com/Bonnie-Zieman/e/B00XROE7JG%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

But I did find some great books on science, religion, philosophy, cults, etc. etc. and I did pretty good. I have a good job with health benefits, so I went to a therapist at the beginning of getting out and did even better.

The COVID19 thing has reared it's JW-ness into my life. Many many JW's I have known have my cell number and haven't spoken or texted in years. I was grateful they were leaving me alone. Because they know I am a first responder, a few of them have taken to texting me their concerns. But I know it is short-lived, as they are just a bunch of busy busy pioneers and elders that suddenly are not so busy. Sometime soon, they will be back to being fully immersed in their false spirituality and I can go back to being left alone.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Not going back after nearly 60 years in! The whole enchilada of being a jw, pioneer, elder, rbc construction overseer, assembly and convention speaker and father of 4 great kids! It's a fu*king shame that it took me so long!

Freedom is great at any age!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit