Is the FACT that no God/god ever communicates with humans evidence that no God/god exists?

by Disillusioned JW 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

rtn, just as the universe, with trillions of planets, is really incomprehensible to us, so are the realities of concepts like eternity, infinite time and eternal, uncreated, undestroyable energy, although we have math symbols and formulae for them.

the universe came not from a thing, but a no-thing, energy, an inherent property of eternal timespace. Look at nature, its beauty, power, size, and numbers as a message from the creator.

" by their works you will know them" even The Father.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Disillusioned JW: Is the FACT that no God/god ever communicates with us evidence that no God/god exists?

Yes.... and No.

I don't believe in god or gods. Which is to say, I do not believe in the ones that I have heard of, and the concept of god that many current and past religions worship does not make sense to me.

But I can't say for certain that no god ever communicated with us. I don't have any reason to believe that this has happened, but I couldn't even begin to corroborate that statement as fact. However, if no god has ever communicated with a person in our universe, then it would be evidence that there are no gods. Weak evidence, but evidence nonetheless.

I think some atheists recognize that the gods we've created don't really make sense, and they feel that getting the concept squashed would help push humanity forward. Maybe... maybe not. I think gods and religions are the result of how our brains work. In other words, if religion didn't exist, we'd have invented it. And yes, that's what I think happened. And I don't think we'd do that much better as a society if we got rid of religion; I think we'd just replace it with something very much like religion, only with a different name.

Mind you, I would never ask any atheist to stop trying to disprove god or convince people to stop believing. That's not my approach, but to each their own and one of the nice things about not being religious is that I can choose not to act religious. I did enough of that when I believed in god, and I'm loving this lazier approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit