Do Jw's Dress up in meeting clothes for Zoom meetings?

by jeremiah18:5-10 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

You bet they do. And when Armageddon comes, they will dash to put on their Sunday best too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are not getting me in on that. I refuse to have a camera hooked up to this rubbish--one thing to just stream videos that I can find all the faults with the whole theology. It is another to require people to dress up, have a "neutral" background, and act as if they were at a real boasting session.

Should they come around and ask me to set this up, I will tell them in German that they ought to be ashamed to even think of giving me coronavirus (or something even worse, like tuberculosis). Especially for this. Let them set it up for me, I will simply disconnect it. Cameras come disconnected without much problem if you pull out the cord that connects them to the computer, and there is such a thing as putting aluminum foil on the lens so they can't see anything. And, I still have my sun-worship music device that will take me about a minute to start playing that music (along with plenty of Led Zeppelin). And, if they ask me to stop playing that or bring my camera on so they can see something, I will simply tell them in German that I will not do it.

I just hope they have no understanding of the German language. Any of them could have, with about the amount of effort they waste on field circus and access to a few videos and books, learned German to B1 proficiency in about a year and to B2-C1 in 2-4 years. Not that any of them would be willing to take time away from joke-hova for a language that they cannot use in field circus.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I bet they would block your picture wearing a shirt with "Religion is a Snare and Racket" even if you were wearing a tie.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I know at least one growing a beard. Looks very distinguished now that he is past the homeless stubble. Hope he keeps it

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Cribbed this from J W Talk..... at least they have got a sense of humour... they say the best jokes are based on truth.

• nomoreguilt73
    nomoreguilt73

Yes my family dressed up and took pictures like they were actually at the Hall for Memmorial. It was very odd to see.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Brothers and sisters Jehovah is on Zoom too so lets show respect and dress like we are at the Kingdom Hall."

• JWTom
    JWTom

As commented in another thread, 50-75% on our Zoom meetings never turn on video and many are even commenting with no video - problem solved. Everyone that has video on is dressed up including many brothers with suit coats on.

• Krispy
    Krispy

On the calls I've seen everyone is dressed like they are at a meeting...at least from the waist up. Personally I wear shorts and only have my video going for a few moments anyway. I did see a few guys that had either a full beard or the start of one though!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jack are you ready for the meeting ?

...... I sure am, I've got some Anthony Morris approved whiskey too just to make it a little more interesting, the elders will never know .......hee hee

https://us.123rf.com/450wm/mmiixx/mmiixx1702/mmiixx170200001/71164344-young-man-undressing-buttoning-suit-underwear-bottle-wine-alcohol.jpg?ver=6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit