Do Jw's Dress up in meeting clothes for Zoom meetings?

by jeremiah18:5-10 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

I am just curious if anyone knows whether the "friends" still are required to wear "meeting clothes" for attending meetings through Zoom? Such emphasis on dressing in a godly manner over the decades, would be interesting if some attend in pajamas or their work clothes, no makeup, etc...

• oppostate
    oppostate

yes, the "counsel" is to dress up as if you were at the KH

• stan livedeath
  • sir82
    sir82

Well, they are "dressed up" from the waist up, the part that shows on the Zoom screen.

All bets are off below the waist, though. I think there are more than a few shorts, yoga pants, etc.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

More blank screens every time, or a photo background. Quote:" it is disrespectful to jehovah to not dress up".

Comments on decorations made too don't want ant any distracting backgrounds.

No apology about nagging people for missing the daily text ( a meeting not authorized by the wt) they spend a half hour to hour bloviating. Even those of us with nothing to do have things to do.

• hoser
    hoser

They have to keep the sheeples in the routine for when life returns to “normal”

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

@hoser- will there be a return to "normal" or is this the new normal like so many other things in life?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Yes. Just like the Israelites put on expensive garb and Jesus told his disciples they needed to purchase regal purple Roman robes while carrying on in their ministry. Oh, wait...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yes, they stress up. Also the dubs have been told that even though they are in their own homes, they should behave as if they're in the KH. So no drinks or snacks during the zooming. I guess Jehovah doesn't approve of coffee?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JEREMIAH:

Most definitely. They get all dressed up just to sit in their own living room..

THEN they have people (uninvited guests if you will)..able to see into THEIR home and they get criticized because there is a picture of a sports figure or whatever hanging on THEIR walls.

The level of intrusiveness is through the roof and it’s too bad the average JWs’ sensibilities are so eroded they have been reduced to a level they tolerate anything! I just cannot believe it.

Anybody with any brains there should switch the damn thing off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit