Apparently I am not worth saving ,why else would they acknowledge me and then pass on by.

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe they were walking to a return visit?

Or maybe they had "finished their time" for that morning and were heading home?

Or maybe they saw you were the spawn of Satan and ran away?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I've come to suspect that a lot of active, loyal JWs aren't actually all that interested in "saving" anyone.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Personally , I worked very hard to help save peoplle, I used to write letters to people to share the truth with them , share the resurrection hope with people from the obituary columns. Have many experiences where the gesture was not only appreciated but studies were stated and some became JDubs.

I would take every opportunity in my territory too so much so that everyone knew me and when brothers and sisiters would be knocking they would say ZNMD teaches us the Bible.I was happy to be popular for gods work like that thing I am bring glory to God.What a waste!

Prepared my bed so lay in it.

Peace

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In the case of my father, quite frankly at his age and stage of life he is better off left in there. I have mentioned TTATT and he just isn’t interested. He views me as a lost sheep who will one day return to jehovah, this suites me fine and provided I don’t get DFed I can still help him with his day to day needs and have a relationship with him. Bit of a status quo.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Like Vidiot said, jw, at least 97% of them, don't give a sh*t about 'saving' anyone except their own ass! They go in "service", to meetings, conventions, only to score points with the 'sky daddy' and to save their own ass. It's a culture of selfishness that pervades the wt. If their was no 'carrot' dangling before them, not one jw, or any other religious person for that matter, would serve god out of LOVE!

just saying!

5 o

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sorry VI, accidently hit dislike. I burst out laughing as I read your comment. Probably right on.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm a postman and I often bump into the JW's on my round, the older sisters in the week and the whole mess of them on Saturday mornings.

There is barely anyone left who'd recognise me but they never engage beyond saying "good morning!"

So I have a little fun. "Good morning sisters, is the end still just around the corner?"

Or to the brothers, "Watch out for Mr Jones at number 45, he's wearing incredibly tight pants!"

And off I go 😅

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Some individuals, and congregations, take territory boundaries very seriously.

Yes, and not only in that sense. For many witnesses there is a disposition to do only what is required and not go beyond that.

For example, many times when we were preaching, we would look at the territory, and if we had just rung on house number 22, and on the territory the next house was number 30, we would walk to that house directly, bypassing everything in between.

This was true of most witnesses. The most zealous JWs would stop and try to figure out why the other houses were not listed, sometimes making a note to give to the territory elder. But for the most part, everybody just stuck to the script.

You have to understand that preaching is really done out of duty, even if subconsciously. If asked, then of course they will all say it's to save people. But it's not.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

😂@tight pants.

Funny stuff, nicalaou!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Funny thing is they did knock on our door so my wife told me but at the time i was busily engaged on the throne and my wife wont answer the door to JW`s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit