Apparently I am not worth saving ,why else would they acknowledge me and then pass on by.

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

JW`s were in my area for the first time in I don`t know how long.I`m in a regional area. Anyhow I was walking down my driveway with the purpose of going around to my outside fence to spray poison along the fence boundary.

Across the road were two witness ladies talking together on the opposite side of the road and could clearly see me coming out of my house. I proceeded to rake away newly mowed grass to better expose the area I was going to poison along my fence.

When the two ladies ,maybe 40`s and 50`s ? walk past me and offer a greeting which I acknowledged and gave one back thinking this is their opportunity to engage me in discussion .

But what did they do ? they just kept on walking without a further howdy do ?

And now I`m devastated ,whats wrong with me ? that they pass me on by ?without even the slightest attempt to engage me in a discussion ?

• jhine
    jhine

I've had something similar happen to me , JWs in my road door knocking and l realised that they had passed by my door . However that may have been because the last time two ladies knocked on my door one ended up running down my drive crying . l honestly didn't mean to upset her like that , l was asking about all the false prophecies that had been made by the GB and concluded that they were false prophets . To back this up l read a few verses from the Bible about false prophets . l was honestly stunned by her reaction , she got very upset and ran from my door . So l became persona non grata for a long while .

Jan

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jan, I had a similar reaction from a dear JW lady I have known for 50 years, her eyes filled with tears as she said:

" but.... to learn that everything I have believed in all my life is wrong, is devastating !" I began to think then that it is not always kind to try to wake them up.

I have seen them knocking in my area Smiddy, my Study has a window overlooking the road, I have often seen them point to my house, and then move on. But occasionally an old JW friend will give a courtesy call, talk about our respective family stuff, and then go, no talk of religion. Suits us. I think word has gone around not to engage me in religious talk, as one Elder warned an old JW "Sister", " He will destroy your faith".

• jhine
    jhine

Smiddy a while ago there was a thread on this very subject . Is it kind to "wake up " elderly JWs who have been in the WT all their lives ? This lady wasn't old so it would be nice to think that she could have some life outside of the WT . It must be worth talking to young JWs to give them a chance to get out .

Jan

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I`m in a regional area.

smiddy3 ...

Not to get off-topic, but what do you mean by "regional area?" Isn't every place or area regional?

Rub a Dub

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Perhaps their territory line borders the street and their congregation only works the other side of your street. Some individuals, and congregations, take territory boundaries very seriously.

• dozy
    dozy

Most JWs are the same - they rarely converse with anyone outside their house on the ministry. I was pretty much the same after I had a really nasty experience when I was a young pioneer when a guy was in his greenhouse in his garden and I went to speak to him & he got very angry and complained I was trespassing and he would call the police as he told me that the only right I had was to walk on his path to his front door ( I'm not sure about the legalities and would guess it would vary from country to country. )

Maybe I got the asshole on a bad day - but I wasn't going to hang around and ask questions , especially as he had a big dog!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I would only talk frankly to a JW who was PIMO (for our new friends........Physically In Mentally Out). They have to have made that decision on their own.

A true believer can not accept that their beliefs are wrong just because you say so and even do so by way of scripture. Your average JW does not think for themselves as to what's right or wrong with their religion. Obedience is on par with faith in the JW world even if the JW leadership gets it wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

We get bypassed it seems. Or they never work this territory. The neighbors have not been called on either. "Inactive" jws can be and have been treated as if df'd or da'd. The last time an elder dropped by my husband waved him off through the front door window. Last time anyone stopped but we are not crying.

• Ding
    Ding

"but.... to learn that everything I have believed in all my life is wrong, is devastating !"

I wondered, "What would she say to someone at the door who told her something similar about their religion?"

That triggered a memory of this quote from the Live Forever book (pp. 32-33). I guess it applies to everyone except Jehovah's Witnesses:

"How should you feel if proof is given that what you believe is wrong? For example, say that you were in a car, traveling for the first time to a certain place. You have a road map, but you have not taken time to check it carefully. Someone has told you the road to take. You trust him, sincerely believing that the way he has directed you is correct. But suppose it is not. What if someone points out the error? What if he, by referring to your own map, shows that you are on the wrong road? Would pride or stubbornness prevent you from admitting that you are on the wrong road? Well, then, if you learn from an examination of your Bible that you are traveling a wrong religious road, be willing to change. Avoid the broad road to destruction; get on the narrow road to life!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit