How do JWs view the Ransom?

by Vanderhoven7 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

One of the early things I noted early was way off is the Russell/Rutherford notion that the grand judgment does not concern deeds in this life but deeds the non144,000 do in an afterlife idealistic school. that is very clearly contradicted in 2 cor 5:10 and heb 9:27 and of course the millennium in Revelation 20 contains no such school. It is quite amazing the followers accepted this alternation of the Bible record

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Good scriptures Joen. Add to that

Matthew 12:36 KJV — But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

And to show accountability.... Luke 12

45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
    46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
    47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
    48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
  • LV101
    LV101

"It is quite amazing the followers accepted this alternation of the Bible record."

I never knew this - is this what JWs/some Christians believe?

Found answer - missed couple posts from day or so ago - per cofty it's all about proving themselves worthy through loyalty to the org. Guess doing good to other members is included or that's automatic under love thy neighbor.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Yes LV 101, much was changed by Rutherford but you have to go into details to understand it. In Russell's view most of mankind was not spiritually mature, did not receive enough light or were alert enough to "run for the high calling" / 144,000. There was a secondary heavenly class too. The ransom allowed the majority to get their chance in the millennium / golden age freed from the sin of Father Adam. Only a small number was in Russell's view so bad that God would not allow them that chance. So a lot of change

• LV101
    LV101

JoenB75 - ahh, thx for info. A "secondary heavenly class?" These charlatans sure make up a lot of crazy. Good thing the JW masses are sold on everlasting life on earth w/cubbies - I sure liked idea but knew too good to be true like Santa and those beautiful Madame Alexander dolls at xmas. Amazing they call themselves the "Truth!" WOW.

I'd love to know how many have skipped. I'm sure the elderly are hanging in for dear life and I understand -- so sad.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

LV101 my father was a JW but believed Russell had better understanding. Yet nobody except himself were allowed to critique the GB. I remember my mother said in defiance there is much we do not know and that the mags speculate too much 😄😄. My experience is that when you need to add and speculate concerning the simplicity of the gospel, you are on wrong track 😊

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I ransom dog out the yard this morning that keeps peeing on my flowers.

• LV101
    LV101

The ignorance of the masses - amazing these cults get off the ground. Only Russell allowed to critique his own crazy or GB - there was a GB during Russell's rhetoric? Tyndale transcribed (interpreted?) the gospel (Bible) so the plowboy could understand yet still a window opened for Russell/charlatans but seems he was respected compared to ole con artist Booze Rutherfraud.

It's been yrs. since I read parts of Franz' book how Russell dressed all up and waltzed into room professing the Lord had appeared after all but invisibly - something wacko like. I asked a couple of JWs about this and they responded that 'he had to return at some time'! Ay yi yi.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Simply put Jehovahs witnesses haven’t the slightest notion of a Jesus who took on our sins as he was dying on the cross. That he bore the punishment for every one of our sins.

They often don’t even know that mainstream Christians believe this. I certainly didn’t.

They simply believe it was a like for like exchange....the man Jesus’ perfect life for the man Adam’s perfect life, as if on a weighing scale.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The Biblical ransom of this supposed innocent guy (Jesus) being tortured and killed in the most horrendous way, is nothing but barbaric and a total non sense. No Justification by whoever, would make it holy or make any sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit