Jehovah's Witnesses ARE Christians, why do so many ex JW's deny this?

by nicolaou 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Just to add a thought:

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses forbidden from communicating with Jesus?

They are his followers but can't speak (pray) to him?

That always seemed odd to me...

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT Christian. Jesus said, "You will know them by their works".

When you carefully examine the "works" of "Jehovah's Witnesses", when you wash away the haze the watchtower organization places between you and the truth of it, you see that Jehovah's Witnesses are performers of perfunctory acts dictated by the SEVEN MEN who control their every thought.

These "works" are demonstrations of their servitude to to men. Their "works" are either meaningless drudgery cooked up by a closed minded and ruthless hierarchy, or outright loveless, hateful and demonic.

Jehovah's Witnesses are mere servants of men, these men being those in control of a US corporation via other loveless legal minions and they BURY THE TRUTH.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT Christian. Jesus said, "You will know them by their works".

Your blanket condemnation of JWs could apply equally to any other denomination. The self-righteousness of christians is astonishing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jehovah's Witnesses are performers of perfunctory acts dictated by the SEVEN MEN who control their every thought - I've already covered this.

JWs follow seven men (the Faithful Slave) because they believe Jesus told them to do so.

And if we're being honest about it, the GB doesn't control JWs' every thought, however much the GB may want to.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why do so many former JWs have a problem with this?

I have no problem with it whatsoever. They are following Jesus.

From a practical standpoint, who cares if anyone calls themselves xian or not? They follow the teachings of the Jesus figure. There are thousands of different belief systems that do the same, in their own ways.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I apologise for not reading all the previous posts , so if if this has been covered ?

Jehovahs Witnesses are not christians , they do not follow Jesus Christ , they follow Jehovah the God of the Old Testament.

They pretend to be Christians to gain mainstream approval for their beliefs and quote Jesus where it suits them

However , their theocracy is loaded with examples , demonstrations ,dramas at conventions ,experiences ,also at conventions , publications ,such as the Watchtower ,Awake , all have many more examples of Old Testament /Hebrew scripture accounts of being loyal to the worship of Jehovah

How many scriptures in the New Testament /Christian Greek Scriptures say that followers of Jesus Christ are to worship Jehovah or give witness to Jehovah ? ., ,zero ,by my count.

Now look at how many texts in the Christian Greek scriptures say that followers of Jesus Christ are to be witnesses of Jesus , and for him ? ,approx.30 by my count

And that the name of Jesus is above every other name , including Jehovah God. Phil;2:9-11

Which fact Jehovahs Witnesses conveniently like to overlook

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's so much simpler than that smiddy, it really is. Just look at some of the books they've printed about Jesus; Listening to the Great Teacher, The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, Come Be My Follower.

What group other than a Christian one would print books with titles like those?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'd like to state my motive for participating in this thread.

When I call JWs Christians, I'm not trying to say that all Christians are as bad as JWs, and thus bash Christianity that way. I believe that JWs aren't mainstream, or typical, Christians. But that doesn't mean that they aren't Christians at all, that the WTS has nothing to do with Christianity.

I just want honest discussion, with honest arguments, hopefully leading to decent conclusions.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Book titles do not make the book (or the org), The WTS has a lot of good lip service to start, and then you see that they are very misleading, All of the WTS books are filled with misleading errors, Seems simple. They come to your door, they have a bible and want to talk about the bible and then it all gets twisted. Classic wolf in sheep's clothing

The only thing christian about the WTS is the bible and book titles, all else is bunk.

• jws
    jws

I kind of got the feeling it was all about Trinity. Believing in the deity of Jesus or not. But I have an ex-JW friend that is VERY much like all of the other Christians, just doesn't believe in Christ's deity either. But considers himself Christian.

It all boils down to the fact that It's a fictional book. Does it really matter what specifics you believe about Jesus? Whether he's god himself or just a separate being and the son of god? Or any of the other differences between beliefs? IMO, it's all the same book, and if you believe the things in it, regardless of how you interpret them, you're a Christian. End. Period.

It's like Star Trek fans not recognizing The Next Generation fans as real Star Trek fans. Or vice-versa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit