Outside JW World They Barely Exist

by Farmer Jim1 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

JWs are a joke to the general population. Nutty people who knock at your door or stand in the street talking about the end of the world. They barely make a dent in the consciousness of the average person. Jokes about them on TV revolve around nuisance callers that you want to get rid of pronto.

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

When a newspaper put a little side article about JW or even similar cults, I was always worried that my workmates would discuss it during coffee break. I thought everyone knew JWs and that it was an important topic and that they were talking negatively about us.

Now I wish there was more in the news and people would actually recognize the harm that WT does.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Stillin;

''It's a tempest in a teapot.''

That's about it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Watchtower and JW’s....legends in their own minds.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Toes said it "legends in their own" lunchtime.

And being the narcissists they are they think the world spotlight is all on them and their so-called activity.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So funny that the three things I always heard about the JWs from worldly people is JWs don’t celebrate holidays don’t take blood transfusions and don’t believe in Jesus. Ok the last one is wrong but these worldly people know nothing I repeat nothing of the message of the good news of the Kingdom JW style.

• steve2
    steve2

High control religious groups create their own “truth” through which they view and react to anything outside the group. They are the oppressed and the persecuted who must endure against an unredeemsbly bad world. Their mission is to sound the warning and never ever give up .

Everything outside the high control group is seen as deliberately designed to erode the integrity of the true believers.

it is only when you leave such a heady organization that it hits you how incredibly little thought those outside the high control group ever give it.

Surprising for the bruised ego and humbling at the same time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Farmer Jim17 hours ago7 hours ago7 hours ago

Is anyone else staggered by the fact that outside of the Organization most of the general public seem to know very little or nothing about JW’s?

Yes, it seems obvious to me that if God or Christ had actually chose of them as their PR representative, they would be extremely disappointed with the JW performance and would have fired them and replace them long ago.

certainly Budweiser would never be content with having 1/10 of 1% of the beer market.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When you're in you have this impression that the JWs as a group have had this massive impact on issues like freedom of speech, freedom of religion, bloodless surgery, human rights and governmental authority etc etc.

Ha! What a joke.

The only excellent example JWs provide is to prove the power of cult propaganda and groupthink.

• Ding
    Ding

When I was growing up (outside the WT), we didn't pay much attention to what JWs believed.

All I knew about them was:

1. They called God "Jehovah."

2. They went door to door with a magazine called "The Watchtower."

3. Many of them were very aggressive, foot-in-the-door types.

4. They wouldn't take blood transfusions.

That's it.

I didn't know about their refusal to take part in the military or politics.

I didn't know their view of birthdays, holidays, hell, the Trinity, or Armageddon.

I didn't know they used the Bible or professed to be Christians, let alone the only true Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit