Outside JW World They Barely Exist

by Farmer Jim1 47 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I get people here in the UK asking me who/what Jehovah is. Nobody I've ever spoken to when i was in and after leaving knew anything about them. The no birthdays was the one most would know. Many didn't even know we didn't celebrate Christmas.

When i first left it made me see what a massive waste of time field service was (and still is).

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

10 million people are born every month. It is mathematically impossible for JWs to preach to the entire world and simply keep up with the birth rate.

• sir82
    sir82

Due to an unbelievably ineffective preaching campaign

What!?!?!

You mean having 3 (or more) people standing slack-jawed and vacant-eyed alongside a cheap-looking cart filled with dog-eared rain-damaged paperbacks, refusing to speak unless spoken to, is somehow not an efficient way to spread the gospel???

Garsh. Who'd a thunk it?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yet Jehovah is patient, desiring none to be destroyed but all to gain repentance.

How odd then that even where Winesses have a reasonable presence there is still scant knowledge of or interest in what the "good news" really is.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

10 million people are born every month. It is mathematically impossible for JWs to preach to the entire world and simply keep up with the birth rate.

This is just another example of where JW`s speak out of both sides of their mouth .

They have stated in their publications that not every single person needs to be witnessed to , just the fact that they have "Witnessed " to every continent on the earth to fulfill the prophecy that the "Good News is To be Preached In All The Inhabited Earth"

They pointed out that the scriptures do not say that every individual has to be preached to .

And that it is up to Jehovah/Jesus as to who is to be saved or not.

I`m sorry I can`t remember the articles that contained those words ,maybe somebody else can.

It was at least 25 years ago.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    They pointed out that the scriptures do not say that every individual has to be preached to .

W10 9/15, page 10, Para 12:

We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23) Moreover, we receive good direction on how to carry out our preaching work effectively. In faith, we participate in this work to the best of our ability, using whatever resources are at our disposal.Will we always preach in the most productive territory? Really, how could we know in advance? (Read Ecclesiastes 11:5, 6.) Our job is to preach, trusting that Jehovah will give us his blessing.

Matt 10:23: When they persecute you in one city, flee to another;+ for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They just make this shit up to make them feel good about their abysmal failure that is so evident to anyone.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Now I'm out, I can see how the jobos are just a legend in their own lunch box. No one cares about their beliefs apart from, 'Oh, they're the nutters that won't have blood.' OR I have a batty old aunt that's a jobo.

They haven't blazed the trail the WBT$ tries to pretend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit