Outside JW World They Barely Exist

by Farmer Jim1 47 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Not only do most people in western lands know almost nothing about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe, most of the rest of the people in the world don't even know they exist.

The preaching work they pride themselves on is, by any definition, an abject failure. Most people are "putting in their hours" and couldn't care less that no one is listening to them, the organization knows this.

• zeb
    zeb

all correct.

This one reason why getting the media here to report on the JW part in the ARC is all but impossible.

• VW.org
    VW.org

Maybe when Leah Rimini does her documentary on the borg, shit will hit the fan and people will know more about this cult.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think the JWs impact most people, just as Scientologists don't. But the latter are more interesting for the media because they have celebrities and much whackier beliefs.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Is anyone else staggered by the fact that outside of the Organization most of the general public seem to know very little or nothing about JW’s?

On one hand they claim not to be part of the world, on the other they try to reach out to people to join them. That mismatch is quite off-putting to people.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Ever since Rutherford's time witnesses have thought they were something in the world. All make believe.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their have been a few posts about how ineffective the preaching work by JW`s has been considering the claim they have witnessed in all the inhabited earth which is an outright lie.

They have done no such thing.

In reality they have grabbed hold of the shirt tails of Christendoms religions and followed in their footsteps poaching off members of Christendom in one land after another.

Millions of people in India have never heard of them

Millions of people in mainland China have never heard of them

Millions of people in Muslim countries have never heard of them

The same could also be said of Pakistan and ,Bangladesh .

They would be lucky if they have reached even a third of the worlds population in their 140+ years of witnessing.

And as I have said previously the bulk of their witnessing is in lands that were already Christian in nature by missionaries of the Churches of Christendom and they have just poached their members.

So Farmer Jim 1 you are spot on.

And welcome to the board ,look forward to hearing more from you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"Poachers" most accurate description of JWs ever. :D

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When I was in the first stages of waking up, I made a friend in the local community and shared some of my religious background. He is a devout Christian who attends an Anglican church.

he made one comment that stood out to me just like the opening post. He simply stated that "nobody even knows or thinks about Jws."

It stunned me to think that "we" were not well known! I had been raised all my life to think that the very earth revolved around "us" as witnesses!

That really helped make those cracks in the ice of my faith get dangerously big!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WHOA!!

What about the Trumpet Blasts of Revelation that were delivered at all the Cedar Point, Ohio USA conventions?

Those were . . . uh . . . momentous . . . uh . . . Bullshit. (Like WTF is still alive to remember that crap?)

"Legends in their own mind."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit