a question after my first JW meeting

by bleak 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
  • zeb
  • zeb
    zeb

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/217697/jws-crowd-gasped-australian-court

and you had elders un able to look you in the face? start asking about the Royal Commission into Child abuse held here in Australia (known on the web as the ARC) and watch the reaction but I strongly suggest you look up the JW input into the ARC before you do.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/religious-institutions

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was new in USA, I went to the Field service without a coat and tie. I was offered a tie to wear, by the elder conducting the FS.

This was very odd to me because prior to that in India, we do not wear ties, coats and even shoes for Field service. No tuck in of shirts either !!

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Bleak.... I am somehow feeling you are already in and trying to "Help" us understand. What congregation did you attend?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Jehovah's Witnesses is a destructive cult that will ruin your family and other relationships. Avoid this group at all costs!!!

• bleak
    bleak

I decided I not going back and may not open my door to them if they come back. Because your comments reinforce my gut feeling after one meeting but especially because of new information presented here; particularly two of moreconfusedthanever's points...

2. Easter and Christmas are out due to pagan links but wedding rings and shunning are acceptable even though pagan links exist.

4. Yes and they edit their Bible's to fit their control on the flock. See Micah 6:8 for example.

If that were the only comment, it would've been enough. But so many others emphasizing different points. I don't need JW's and I don't need more BS in my life. Hey, who does?

In fact, I had this mini light bulb thing go off in my head. No more "pastors," "priests," "fathers" etc from anywhere telling me how I should interpret the Bible. I leave it up to God and Christ to direct my thinking and so maybe become what God intends for me. Without influence other than my own reading.

So much in the Bible. Did Christ say John 7:7? Yes, I believe. Is it true? Oh... hell yes it's true. More now than ever because it is much more sophisticated.

It took me 1.5 years to read all the NT front to back, word for word and taking notes. I began reading the OT this month and I have much disbelieve in most people's interpretation because of the Gnostic influence (The Nag Hammadi Scriptures, Pistis Sophia, Dead Sea Scrolls) that I hold dearly. I believe that the "God" of the OT is NOT the same God that Christ called "Father." Yeah, bleak, good luck finding a church that teaches that LOL.

Anyway, thanks for being here and putting a lamp on the table. I probably would've figured as much eventually but wasted time and gas doing it. TY.

• bleak
    bleak
    smiddy3
    They use the name "Jehovah' in the Christian Greek Scriptures of the New World translation ? that they published.

However in the Kingdom Interlinear of The Christian Greek Scriptures which they also published a word for word translation of the christian Greek scriptures the Tetragrammaton the four Hebrew letters representing God`s name nor it`s equivalent in Greek NEVER appear in the Greek text, nowhere do they exist.

So they lie when they say Jehovah`s name should appear in the New Testament It was never their in the first place by their own publication.

Yes. I think it is interesting, and this hasn't occurred to me until recently, that the same YHVH (the Tetragrammaton) that is used prominently in western occult practices and magickal rituals (like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) is also a God of the OT. That is the truth.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLEAK:

I am glad you decided against it but I must warn you, they may contact you because they don’t like losing a member - especially a man.

If they have your address and phone number, I have a feeling you’ll be hearing from them. It’s up to you how you’ll handle it. I’m all for not answering the door. Think of the word ‘tenacious’ and a dog not wanting to lose a bone.

• bleak
    bleak

Thanks, LongHairGal. At least one guy I talked to on Sunday already knew where I lived and I didn't give him my street. I asked one how do you know where I live? He said the ladies who visited me told him. LOL. Well, if that is not presumtuous. I forgot to mention that part. Now I am becoming 'righteously indignant' LOL. Another guy asked for my number but he hasn't called.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit