ls homosexuality really normal?

by atomant 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

O.O

*checks setting on the 'way back machine'... hmmm... strange, everything seems to indicate that the year is 2016, how has this topic has been brought for serious discussion? Has a puzzlement at it's appearance.

• atomant
    atomant

Fulltime student.l was born into the jw sect and my father was an elder but from a very young age l detested being dragged along to meetings against my will.l could see it was a false religion and full of hypocrites.l burnt the bible when l was 9.l never got baptized.Thank god for that,amen.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

joe134cd,

If you gay then so be it. But the act itself disgusts me.

Viviane,

Why? What are you afraid of?

It's not fear Viviane, it's just an innate feeling that heterosexual men have of viewing gay men - not women - in the act of sex. This applies to politically liberal men.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What turns people on sexually is biologically fixed and there is bound to be variations different from our own and so we may have a prejudice about our own sexual preferences and perhaps consider something different as not normal.

I would not consider same sex preference as un-normal, just different than mine.

• bobld
    bobld

In humans,sex is determined by a specific set of chromosomes.From conception to birth we can see the sex differences in human physiology.What determines sexual orientation (SO).Is it genes/hormones/psychological/behavioral/biological.Would (SO) be noticed at birth or later in life.What is the latest research?

A family has three children M,F,X(LGBT).The parents love their three children.Why can't society show the same love?

• cofty
    cofty
    What determines sexual orientation - bobld

Despite frequent claims in the tabloid press no gene "for" homosexuality has been found. It is likely that a combination of genes are involved in sexual development but a more important influence seems to be developmental rather than genetic. A reduction of testosterone in the womb seems to increase the likelihood of a boy becoming a gay man.

I think it was a misstep when the gay rights movement began promoting a "born this way" message. It opens up the possibility of a "cure" or even of a pregnancy test for a "gay fetus" and the option of an abortion.

Sexuality is on a spectrum. At one end - perhaps a majority - are men who have never had any feeling of sexual attraction towards other men, and at the other end are men who have no attraction to women. According The Williams Institute around 3.5% of the population identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual. Of these, bisexuals comprise a slight majority. In between these are a substantially bigger group who report any lifetime same-sex sexual behavior and any same-sex sexual attraction.

That leaves only around 1.7% of the population who exclusively desire same-sex relationships. For everybody else on the LGBT spectrum, same-sex relationships are a choice. So what? Why should consenting adults not choose who they have sex with?

I also agree with Simon that the portrayal of gay relationships in the media is massively out of proportion to the real world. I genuinely don't care who anybody else is having sex with, but like a lot of heterosexual men I feel the same way about seeing a gay kiss as I feel about watching contestants eat sheep's eyes on a popular UK game show. The reasons for that are probably rooted in evolutionary psychology. I'm not going to apologise for that and I also would not expect gay men to refrain from public displays of affection just because of my feelings.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Strength, intelligence, beauty, creativity, empathy; I can't think of one trait that defines our individual humanity which doesn't lie on a spectrum.

Why should sexuality be any different?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

😮

that is all......

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

And who sets the standard as to what is normal? You? Your God? And what is this "moral code" you speak of, in which someone expressing their inherent sexual desires is somehow a deviation?

Personally, I think believing the bible is the inspired word of God, in the 21st century, isn't normal. Nor is its so-called moral code something that rational, progressive-thinking humans should aspire to.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Re same-sex relationships. There are 4 basic precepts at work here:

1. Those who are appalled purely because it goes against their religious convictions.

2. Those who are disgusted with the whole idea of gayness generally, but this is down to their own convictions and has nothing to do with any religious belief.

3. Those who believe that what people do in private is their own business, but who dislike to observe same-sex kissing anywhere, including TV and movies.

4. Those who couldn't care less about another's sexuality and care even less about same-sex kissing, wherever it takes place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit