Why the BIG 4.5 day elder "school"?

by eyeuse2badub 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just wonderin' if anyone has heard of anything about something BIG going down in the borg? Good friend of mine just told me today that he will be attending a 4.5 day elder "training school" all nest week! The "special" elder "schools" are usually only 2-3 days.

Lots of dumbing down coming?

just saying!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

It just heightens the feeling of self importance bestowed upon these "gifts in men" that are chosen to lead the sheep. The first day and a half is a synopsis of what they will learn in the next 3 days.... thus 4 1/2 days of elder school

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can guess- legal stuff about reporting to Watchtower about child sexual abuse allegations.
    Money stuff about better supporting the cult. Elders lead the way and proclaim "We need more money to send to Mother."
    How to deal with closing Kingdom Halls.
    Maybe- stop giving out literature except to the "worthy" ones. We really want to get out of the literature business.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Boy you really have to be indoctrinated to take a week off from work to attend

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What in the f**k can they go on and on and on about for 5 days?

I recall the first KM School I attended whee they literally just read from the Society's Index and demonstrated how to use it. GEEZ! All the brain dead in attendance that seemed amazed!

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

If I was forced to go to that I would fall over dead n 5 minutes

• blondie
    blondie

There used to be school for elders in NY that lasted 2 weeks; imagine using all your vacation or having to take off work without pay and leaving your family and wife to do things on their own.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301970000#h=210:198-210:850

KINGDOM MINISTRY SCHOOL

This school was especially organized by the governing body of Jehovah’s witnesses of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania for the benefit of the overseers in the congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses. The training period is just two weeks in duration, but all day long. The congregation servants, assistant congregation servants and Bible study servants in the congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses are invited to attend this school. Generally these brothers come to the branch office location for the schooling; but if this is not convenient, they go to some Kingdom Hall in a city where they can receive this two-week course. The classes usually consist of twenty-five students, but all of these men are ordained ministers.

• blondie
    blondie

I think OTWO has the right ideas. If you think the WTS has to repeat, repeat, repeat things to the ordinary publishers, they have to do more so to elders.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

DesirousOfChange that was the first elder school I went to. It was the most boring two days of my life. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

DesirousOfChange that was the first elder school I went to. It was the most boring two days of my life. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit