How old's the human race?

by Freedom rocks 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

If I meet Stephen C. Meyer and God together, I would bow down first to Mr. Stephen C. Meyer because he put into me the initial spark of need of God that grew like a wildfire now. And I am sure that God would be too happy to see me bowing down to Mr. Stephen C. Meyer because he became an instrument for me to have a wonderful personality as God as an anchor of my life.

I thank COFTY and DEBSTEPPED for further fanning that wildfire by your comments such as “bullshit” and “talking out of Uranus.” I wish you the very best in your belief that life arose spontaneously out of the inert chemicals of our planet some billion years ago.

• cofty
    cofty

Venus - Why are you confusing evolution with abiogenesis and then confusing both of those with atheism?

Fact 1 - Humans evolved from non-human ancestors. This fact is not dependant on explaining how geochemistry gave rise to biochemistry.

Fact 2 - The vast majority of intelligent believers accept fact 1. It is only a small minority of xtian fundies (and most Muslims) who insist on wallowing in ignorance.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Venus- Which wonderful part of god's personality drew you in most? His genocidal tendencies? The way he loves to kill animals with impunity? His encouragement of rape? His inability to inspire a coherent and clear letter to his beloved creation? Hey, it's vague enough to let people's emotions read in what they want, so maybe that's good? Ooooh, maybe dashing kids against rocks? That shows his whimsy. Who wouldn't like that?

If evidence to the contrary "stokes your fire" to remain the same, then you're running on emotion so discussing anything with you is pointless.

Also, bowing to this Meyer guy first when god clearly put him in your life to bring you to Him shows a lack of faith. Sackcloth and ashes for you buddy.

By the way, anchors in life keep you stuck in one place, and no growth can take place.

• venus
    venus

Hi Cofty,

I am not confused with evolution, abiogenesis and atheism. I just look for essence, rather than details. It’s like saying animal hunting another animal, humans hunting animals, and human eating human flesh for which the world has different words. Yet for me they are all same in essence—eating flesh. In the same way all isms are either explaining things with God or without God. Even religions are ultimately materialism because they teach people to use God for material benefits.

• venus
    venus

Hi Dubstepped,

I said: “Mr. Stephen C. Meyer became an instrument for me to have a wonderful personality as God as an anchor of my life.”

God has not performed/authorized things such as genocide, killing, rape, scripture writing ………etc. Religions and their Scriptures are more misrepresenting God rather than correctly depicting Him. They are like forests where you find more wild and harmful things; yet they also have some good things here and there such as pure stream, lakes, medicinal plants etc. For example, Bible. In many places it speaks about small sacrifices and big sacrifice of Jesus, yet in other places it says no sacrifices are endorsed by God. (Jeremiah 7:22; 8:8) and Jesus was not sent to die for ‘taking away the sins of the world.’ (Mathew 21:37) It means Scripture writers were imaginings things and were presenting them as though coming from God’s mouth, or Jesus’ mouth, as happened in the case of John 3:13 where Jesus is depicted as saying ‘he ascended into heaven at the very start of his ministry’ which is not true. Scripture writers were not aware of the prevalent system of writing: “No author should publish a poem until he had labored over it, polished it and repolished it at least nine times.” (The Ars Poetica, Horace, Roman Poet)

Yet if we read between the lines, happenings and isms (religious and secular) you will note that God does only one act of renewal. He ‘renews’ the provisions for life’s enjoyment whenever humans deplete or destroy them (Mathew 19:28) something which even Nietzsche discerned. (Eternal Recurrence, written by Nietzsche). It means history is a cycle of renewal and eventual pollution. We are now eye-witnesses of pollution of the nature with its water resources and air whereas people of the many cultures were eye-witnesses of perfect environment because they were taking good care of the nature and keeping it beautified—a fact that we can glean from their stories which [which are reflections of their time] show they were worshipping things such as forces of nature, river ….. This is to be understood in contrast to the attitude we display now towards nature.

My main source of information is the living mankind. We have the history of nations (individuals collective) which proves a simple mechanism—one action/happening leads to another action/happening which becomes the cause of another action/happening. For example, Israel performed genocide which only returned to them later like a boomerang (which means God did not authorize its cause or its future boomeranging effect). What is true of individuals collective is true of each individual too whether their past history is visible or not. Behind all the details, essence is that what an individual or individuals (collective) think, speak, and do is the energy they send out; and all their experiences are the energy that returns to them.

There are certain things we are all sure about—new things become old as time passes; we all come through (not from) our parents who in turn come through (not from) their parents which means humans have no beginning; and there is a gradual increase of population ..etc. which shows that we descend from our heavenly home in certain order like children come out to play. Some enjoy their play because they do not take its details too seriously whereas others create a hell for them because they take every detail of the game too seriously. In the end everything is polluted and decadent which calls for the regular renewal; and all children return home at the same time; and next cycle begins. I have an added advantage because I have studied clinical psychiatry and also past regression which also gave me some more insight into the way things happen here. When I myself underwent Past Regression, information buried in my own subconscious mind surfaced revealing many of my past lives—and in the immediate past birth I was a Spanish Franciscan nun who was martyred because of my over zeal (which means I took the details too seriously) which provided the basis for my present life in which I am not attached to any religion or ism; but transcend all of them looking for essence rather than details. Abraham Maslow got it right when he said: “All of life is education and everybody is a teacher and everybody is forever a pupil.”

• cofty
    cofty

Venus the more you write the less I read.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Today I wrote a one word poem:

Inscrutable.

• venus
    venus

Hi Cofty,

You cannot beat the drum and expect it to produce no sound.

• cofty
    cofty

Some sound that made any sense would be good.

• venus
    venus

Agreed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit