Could The Governing Body Harboring Pedophiles In High Positions Among Them?

by Brokeback Watchtower 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree that unless there is good evidence, it is no good making baseless accusations against the GB of this kind. At the same time, the idea that it may be possible that GB members have been involved, is not in itself terribly implausible. There are a few differences from the idea that a Russian spy may be on the Governing Body, for example.

1. Abuse is depressingly common in society in general whereas being a Russian spy is not common. So on a purely statistical basis one is much more likely than the other.

2. Religious organisations of all kinds have concealed abusers at high levels. If JWs are unaffected at the top, then it would mean the leadership is better than the general JW membership (which has had around 1 per congregation, according to some indications, such as the Australian Royal Commission) and better than other religious groups.

3. The WT has actually stated in their literature that abusers have been prominent in the organisation.

4. Greenness was removed from the GB but was not removed as a JW, and was allowed to continue in local congregations.

5. Their own policies and actions indicate that reputation of the organisation is more important than almost anything else, so that if such a case arose it seems plausible they would do whatever they could to conceal it.

So while it's irresponsible to accuse the GB unless there is good evidence, at the same time it’s not unreasonable to be open to the possibility and open to any evidence that might arise. More reasonable than expecting Russian spies to be uncovered on the GB, for example.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

If a name/s from the present/past hierarchy is buried in the org's database of child-rapists, then that would readily explain the WTBTS's downright refusal to reveal it to the courts/authorities.

The castle in the air would crumble for a lot of J.W.'s if they found out their "faithful slave" shielded child-predators.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Really, oh slim one? More reasonable to suspect a pedo is being hidden on the gb than a russian spy..? Have you noted the state of russian/jw relations recently? I think your greatly underestimating the chances.

The point is the op is unfounded. Its not even being suggested or attributed to a specific member of the gb, its simply being asked “is it possible”.... again, of course its “possible”. Its possible the earth will crash into the sun today... by asking the question “is it possible” brokeback was trying to drum up the crazies and the rabid foaming at the mouth group to get all whipped up into a frenzy of crazy and the board can bask in unbound speculation and hate in the wake of the A&E show.

instead of indulging the crazy train perhaps there could be some sanity

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh you mean Russians spying on JWs? I’m sure that happens all the time. I thought you meant a Russian spying on America using membership of JWs GB as cover. Which sounds like a great plot for a novel, but not very likely.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well either one, but i meant a russian spy on the gb. Like tight pants tony is part of the party....

lets not get lost on details. Lets not feed steam to the crazy train.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s just about the relative likelihood of the two suggestions.

If there was a Russian spy in the GB I would be incredibly surprised because Russian spies are not common and the GB don’t seem like likely candidates. But I admit it’s not impossible I suppose.

On the other hand, if it turned out there was an abuser in the same group I would not be terribly surprised, simply because abusers are much more common than spies, and the top of religious organisations is precisely where they seem to gravitate. The Australian Royal Commission would seem to suggest congregations on average have had at least one abuser. If the GB is a typical body of elders, with around 50 members over the decades, it’s not at all a farfetched possibility by any means.

None of which is evidence that either scenario is true. Just that one is inherently more likely than the other, and the idea is not accurately described as “crazy”.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I think it is quite natural to speculate...as long as people know that it is just a speculation. Speculation arises when a person doesn't know something and some speculations are sound. Some aren't.

Slim, you said "...abusers are much more common than spies" and I would like to expand on that thought and say this:

Victims are much, much more common that abusers.

So, if we are talking in speculative terms, I would say that there is a higher probability that there are victims in that group of 8 holy men, than there are abusers.

Why does org protect the child abuse documents? Who usually does the protecting in an abuser-victim relationship? Victims do.

And I will leave it to the reader to speculate who that abuser was, that these men are protecting...an abuser so high up that they have to protect him. Pure speculation, of course.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JWleaks I just made the longest, dirtiest sounding laugh...till I was surprised by my neighbour walking by. Thanks 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    If there was a Russian spy in the GB I would be incredibly surprised because Russian spies are not common

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/08/07/more-russian-spies-in-us-than-anytime-in-past-15-years-report/amp/

you were saying?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

o, if we are talking in speculative terms, I would say that there is a higher probability that there are victims in that group of 8 holy men, than there are abusers.

Good point OC, Statistically there is more chance a GB member has been a victim, or at least some pretty high ups. Imagine the pain that brings. When victims come forward and see the org for what it is, they at least get the release of knowing they absolutely have no shame and get some help.

Imagine the pain of believing your God wants you to stay quiet and suffer or thinking you may have played a part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit