Bible comes alive if we look for meaning behind the symbols it uses

by Ireneus 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Ireneous: "You will find earth was a paradise to start with filled with even more provisions (with all the now extinct species)...

He will also give you a CD with recordings of things of what yourself said while watching your indefinite number of past lives."

Come on, @Ireneous :S. Are you for serious?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Hi Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I came to know of Past Regression when heard from John Martin Stapleton (TV Broadcaster and journalist) who described how he benefited from it.

Anyhow that is not the issue. Our subject is: Benefiting from symbols used in the Bible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What about the Quran or other so called 'holy' books?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Hi Punkofnice,

Each religion has a special audience; that is why people belonging to different religions do not feel comfortable with other religious ideas and scriptures. If one can draw benefit from his religion and its scripture that’s fine because ultimately religions are trying to make us act humanely.

But people like me are different. I try every religion and its scripture and compare, and take the best out of them. The best thing I found with regard to art of living was this. When a famous religious figure was told someone called him a liar, he responded: “You can also call me a liar.” It means he is least bothered about his image, about how other people view him. This is what egolessness means. When I started this policy, I enjoy a great sense of peace and even freedom.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Irene - I try every religion and its scripture and compare

Thanks for your response.

After trying other religions, what do you feel is the best religion and why?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Punkofnice,

With a trustee attitude acting humanely is the best religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Irie - acting humanely is the best religion

That sounds a good option.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Irenaeus,

When you say "Bible", which Canon do you mean?

Doug

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Hi Doug,

You asked: “When you say "Bible", which Canon do you mean?”

I view bulk of the Bible as uninspired and some verses here and there are inspired because those very few verses match with my intuition, my experience and history.

For example,

God is non-interventionist, says Jesus through the famous story of prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) because the Hero of the story Father permits son to use his free-will to any extent and accepts him when “he returns to his senses” and through the unambiguous statement. (Revelation 22:11)

Nature rewards according to what each one does—qualitatively (Galatians 6:7) and quantitatively (Luke 6:38)

That means God would not say He leads the history (as implied in Genesis 3:15) nor Jesus would say He would appoint “a Faithful and Discreet Slave” class to lead people spiritually as given in Mathew 24:45. The wording itself suggests that it is coined by some thoughtless person because it gives the impression that Jesus tacitly condones the disgusting practice of slavery about which Abraham Lincoln rightly said: “If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.”

Now come back to non-interventionist policy of God which is well attested by history. God filled the earth with provisions for life’s enjoyment (Genesis 1). Mankind enjoyed those provisions for some untold period of time (may be 1000s of years), then greed appeared (Genesis 3) which made the earth a hell-like place. Now population is exploding and resources are getting depleted/destroyed. In due course, God will refill the earth with provisions for life’s enjoyment (Revelation 21:1-5).

The above gives you an idea how I view the Bible and its concepts.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Irenaeus,

I am not asking about the legitimacy of "inscripturation" or on the accuracy of transmission and the corruption of the text.

I am asking which Canon? Of the variety of Canons - list of documents that make up a collection of Scriptures - exactly what do you mean when you say "The Bible"?

As just one example, do you accept 1 Enoch in "The Bible"? Several canons do, and it is fundamentally significant to the Protestant New Testament.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit