Did anyone vote yet?

by NewYork44M 53 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I voted today in NYC.

A well organized process. Very busy and most of the people voting were African American. I am going to be out of town on Tuesday and decided to cast my vote early.

In case anyone in NYC is considering voting early, here is the link with instructions:

http://vote.nyc.ny.us/html/voters/absentee.shtml

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Voted last week. First time for my two daughters also. We had a good time researching the down ballot and different measures to vote on. Such a vastly different experience with them than I had their age. They were genuinely proud to be part of the process and have a say.

• blondie
    blondie

We have voted by mail

We have voted early

But the last 2 times we have just gone to the polling area (in a church, rent space)

Going early at 7 a.m., lines are not too long then going home for cinnamon rolls and coffee.

• notalone
    notalone

First in 100 years to vote. We didn't know if we were quite ready to take that step but, we really felt it was a moral obligation.Afterwards we were quite let down. The heavens didn't open up. Locusts didn't pour out from some deep crevice of the earth, and no marks appeared for the angels to see that we were henceforth condemned to eternal destruction. All I got was a sticker.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    Voted yesterday. I'm still alive surprisingly, no lightning has struck me yet 😂😂😂
  • ssn587
    ssn587

Voted absentee week ago. And not for the lying corrupt.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Voted last week. Colorado uses mail-in ballots. I've been voting since 1982 and it feels good.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Voted absentee last week cause I'm outta town on 11/28. I even proudly wore my New Yorkers for Hillary T shirt!

More important than the presidential race, I voted for Zephyr Teachout and Terry Gipson and Chuck Schumer.

Blue States Rule!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I recall the first time I voted after leaving the cult. I was surprised by how anticlimactic the process was. I made a rational choice completed the form and returned it to the nice lady and life went on. No demons, no drugs, no illicit sex, just a basic civic duty.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Not yet. I think early voting here may be over, not sure. I kept waiting to go when I could take my daughter with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit