My Old Kingdom Hall being merged with TWO other congregations!

by pale.emperor 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

kingdom shack of jehovah's witnesses ?

• hotspur
    hotspur

@stan_livedeath

I helped build that Hall at Ryde - I believe it was third Quickbuild in the Country.

I remember a guy at work saying it was "built over a weekend - if they taken a whole week it would've been a lot better"!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi Hotspur--you might remember me as Bigmac--? i couldnt sign in when the site was reorganised--so i started this a/c.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can help but ask again and again, "Where is all the money going?"

The Watchtower answer: to build Kingdom Halls in other places.

Of course, there is zero transparency. I remember a few months ago the LDC video where they said they were "pulling back the curtain" for a bit. Why have a curtain at all? Why not list all the Kingdom Halls being built in every nation of earth on the website?

• Ding
    Ding

When they add congregations, they take it as proof that Jehovah is blessing his organization through growth.

When they consolidate shrinking congregations, they take it as proof that Jehovah is fine tuning his organization in preparation for Armageddon.

In other words, whatever happens is seen as confirmation of what they already believe.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Very true ding its called pr spin but it does not work to well with these two news items on the watchtower offical website it tells you that in 2012 they closed 20 branch headquaters around the world and also on the offical website you can see a member of the GB (sam hurd)telling you that they are kicking out 1000s of people from bethel

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Different perspective. I'm in the US. My "local" kingdom hall is 25 miles away.

Having to go 8 or 9 miles to another hall sounds entirely reasonable to me, not that I'd go anyhow!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Londo111 - "I can't help but ask again and again: 'Where is all the money going?'... The Watchtower answer: 'To build Kingdom Halls in other places'..."

Yup.

Like all those "new congregations" in third world countries...

...where a JW KH is a glorified gazebo with homemade benches, and costs about fifty bucks.

The rest goes into numbered accounts in the Caymans (no, really).

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Its strange that they are selling two kingom halls off when each month they have already stopped printing between 40 and 60 million magazines.do you think they might be a bit short of money LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit